Chapter 12- Drunken Bondita and Barristara Babu

Falling In Love

Chapter 12- Drunken Bondita and Barristara Babu

Longgg chapter... 8000 words ❣️

Happy Reading! 🦋

It simply took a couple of minutes for Anirudh to get the keys and step inside. His eyes quickly swept over the room. The lights were turned out, and it took him a few time to identify the object in the darkness. The windows were closed, and the curtains were pulled. The next thing that hit him was the smell.

A weird one, but it smells familiar to him. As soon as he turned on the lights and saw Bondita in the room's corner, he became still. She was in the fetal posture, lying down and embracing her knees to her bosom. She resembled a scared little child. His heart shattered upon witnessing her state. He dashed towards her, crushing the glass pieces scattered over the room beneath his shoes.

"Bondita!"

Anirudh sat down, examined her face, arms, and hands for signs of injuries. She had cuts on her right wrist and palm, and they were bleeding. He let out a terrified gasp.

"You're bleeding!"

To his worry, Bondita offered him not a single, let alone a response. Her clouded eyes stared at him silently. She appeared to be a traumatized woman, sweating and on the verge of tears. Her saree appeared unleashed, exposing large portions of her skin.

His gaze was fixed on her. It never glances past her face. Anirudh quietly scooped her up and took her to the mattress in the very middle of the room.

He gently placed her on the bed. She just sat there motionless like a doll, staring at the floor. He carried a first-aid kit to tend to her wounds after opening the windows. She dropped her legs to the floor as he knelt beside the bed where she was sitting. He blew air on her wound and delicately cleaned it.

"Shona, what have you done? Look, the wound is too deep. Don't worry, it will heal. Okay?"

His undivided attention was focused on fixing the wound in her hand. His own hands trembled as he touched the wound.

Anirudh cleaned away the little bits of glass that had become stuck in her hair and clothes. With a lifeless expression, Bondita continued to observe his every move. Today, his care, words, touch, and smell were all having no butterfly effects. It failed to give her goosebumps; rather than it was torturing her from the inside out.

'Bondita, he is taking care of Vaijayanthi, not you. He's touching her, not you. He is saying nice things to her, not you. It's Vaijayanthi that he addresses as "Shona," not you. It is Vaijayanthi he will marry, not you.'

'Bondita, you are nothing more than a distant memory to him. He has no love for you. He had no concern for you. You are always a burden for him. Bondita, you were never on his mind. Your words, your promises, and your life mean nothing to him.'

When Sampoorna left Bondita in her room, believing she was asleep, she awoke and stalked around like a living corpse. Thinking about what to do next. Everything went terribly wrong. She could never marry Anirudh in the world as Vaijayanthi. She would rather die on the spot.

After some thought, she left the room and went to his study. She considered telling him who she was and asking for his reactions. Upon arriving at his study, she saw Sampoorna interrogating Anirudh. They were having an argument. Bondita moved to the side door on the left side of the room and crouched behind them so she could hear their talk.