Chapter 5

In A Game of Destiny

Chapter 5

The Ambulance entered the hospital in hurry. Anirudh was taken into the Emergency ward leaving Bondita in the corridor itself.

She was approached by a nurse who asked, "Do you know him Mam?"

Bondita, who was hazily observing the ward from the outside, jerked away in terror.

"W-What?"

"You did bring him, right?. Do you know him? I have to complete his admission form."

Now, what would she say? Did she know who he was? Yes, she was aware of him; he was her Patibabu, her husband, and her man of dreams. However, everything only happened in her dreams. In reality, she had never met him. She had never before seen his face in real.

After much internal struggle. She answered the nurse.

"N-No... I don't k-know him... but his name is A-Anirudh Roy Choudhary." Bondita spoke with a great deal of difficulty.

Her whole body was frantically shaking.

"alright, ma'am. We'll check him. He might have any of his ID with him. Also, Ma'am, where did you find him? Was it a bike accident or something else?"

"Car.. I saw him close to a car. A few streets away from Park Street Road."

Even the sight of the smashed car haunts her now. How did he manage to endure such agony.

"Ok mam. Don't worry. The duty doctor has begun his treatment. Let's all hope for the best."

Bondita was left by herself with tears in the empty corridor as the nurse went into the ward again. 

______

The hospital staff informed Anirudh's father using his ID card which was found in his trouser pocket. They found that he was an advocate as well.

Anirudh's father asked the Doctors to keep him save till his arrival to the hospital.

The city's most senior doctors, who had just arrived at the hospital, quickly began his treatment. Vikram urged them to begin the process without waiting for him. The surgery began and went on for a long hour.

Bondita quietly prayed to all the gods as she paced the corridor. No one approached and updated her about his health.

After two hours, which felt like years, the doctors came out and tell her that Anirudh's surgery had been successful and that he was still unconscious.

Bondita felt as if her life had returned to her.She thanked the doctors.

"Doctor, can I see him now?" She asked the Doctor.

"No, Miss. He is still under observation in the ICU. His condition have to be monitored for a while. We'll let you know if he regains consciousness. Don't worry; he is now safe."

"Also his father told us to keep him safe. There is a threat to his life. Some people tried to kill him. So we have to keep him safe. I'm sorry." The Doctor said as he walked away

Bondita finally collapsed onto the chair in the corridor. Finally feeling at ease after a long time. He was safe now, but he was also in danger. He needed to be in a safe place. 

Threat? Who tried to do this to him?

An unknown feeling crossed her, as if she immediately wanted to kill the man who tried to harm her Patibabu.