Chapter 23

"Alright, I'll see you in a week?" I say as we pulled over by the airport. As expected paparazzi are crowding the entrance. Turns out headlines are still up posted for two days about us. I've already told Elizabeth she should've stayed home but insisted on coming instead with a promise that she will stay in the van. Seeing by the state of chaos right now, I'm a bit worried of what is waiting for me back in LA.

Elizabeth sighs and takes my lips in hers, her hands travels from the side of my face to the back of my neck giving me a longing kiss. I can feel the fear in her kiss, her cold hands just proves it. We pull apart but kept our forehead resting on each others. I can feel her warm breaths against my lips, she's scared.

"Please be safe." She whispers. I pull back to look at her properly. Her eyes screams fear as she looks into mine. I placed a soft kiss on her forehead for some kind of reassurance.

"I'm going to be okay." I whispered. "I'll call you when I land and when I got home alright. Its going to be fine. Don't worry too much." She looks away and drops her head on my chest breathing heavily and for some reason I can feel that something's coming. Her breathing is not normal. So I immediately pulled back and force her to look at me. She's breathing too fast.

"Sweetheart, breathe slowly for me. Its alright." A weight on my chest gets heavier and heavier with every breath she releases weighing me down. She looks at me before shutting her eyes.

"Don't go" She breathes. "Please, don't go-"

"I have to go sweetheart, I have work tomorrow-"

"No, they're going to say some shit to you and you're going to go back. I don't want you to go back. Please Shan." By this time she was getting out of control. She was talking with urgency and despair, her hands gripping on my arms too hard and I was getting nervous, confuse and scared for her.

"Go back to what? Elizabeth I don't under-"

"Your anxiety. Baby please just stay. I can't lose you again. I can't. They're too many."

"Hey, hey. Your not going to lose me okay. I'm fine- Fuck! Please take a deep breath. Elizabeth look at me." I held her close in my arms stroking her back ever so gently closing my eyes. God, how am I suppose to leave her like this.

"Boss, let's go you're going to be late." I hear Jake say as the door slides open. I let out a breath. I can't leave her like this. I need to do something.

"Jake can you give me two minutes." He nods and closes the door giving us some privacy. I continue to calm her down not saying anything and just stroke her back and somehow it was working. I should've asked Trent to come. I can't leave her knowing she's having a fucking panic attack.

"Its alright sweetheart, I'm going to be okay. I'll call you when I land and when I get home. Zoe will pick me up at the airport. This is going to be over before you know it okay?" Her breathing slows down, her grip on my arm loosens, I pull back and touch her chin so she would look up.

"I'll see you next week sweetheart." I smile and lean down giving her a reassuring kiss. "I'm going to be fine okay." I say against her lips before pulling away completely and smile at her. She looks at me still worried and tired her hand cups my cheeks before giving me one last kiss.

"Please call me." She whispers

"I will, I promise-" The door slides open again revealing Jake.

"Boss, we really need to go." I turn back to Elizabeth and smile even though I'm slowly getting pissed with how hectic our situation is. "I have to go sweetheart, I'll see you in a week okay?" I take her hand and placed a kiss on it squeezing it and finally getting off the van.