Chapter 13

Lizzie's P.O.V.
Her stare is so intense that I literally couldn't speak. What the fuck is in that journal that made her decide to bring up Robbie. Don't get me wrong, I knew he would come up eventually but this is not what I imagined it would be.

"Elizabeth" Her voice echoes with desperation and I wanted so bad to just read what's inside of that journal to know why is she acting like this all of the sudden. She winces again this time gripping the side of her head and that made my heart beat fast. Shit! what the fuck is happening?

"Shan, are you okay? Do you need a doctor?" I said with urgency as I held her face in my hands. Her eyes are scrunched tight then suddenly drops her head on my shoulder trying to breath and the contact made my heart race even more. God, I need to do something, but I don't know what. "Shannon please say something."

"I'm fine, just a headache" She whispers relaxing her body against mine. I can feel the heat on my cheeks getting hotter and hotter as my arms slowly made its way around her to balance it out, because if I don't we'll both fall on the carpet. What is she doing to me? This is too much contact for the day and its not doing me any good of not being obvious with my feelings for her.

"I think that's enough for today. " I say and she doesn't responds to this, so I start stroking her back like my hand has a mind of its own, tracing imaginary lines as I do so. My lips curved into a small smile as I realized what I was doing and what might we look like right now, and I can't help to admit that I miss this, so much. I miss her. We stayed like that for a while and for a second I thought she had slept on me but then she suddenly says.

"Did I- Did I ruined your engagement with Robbie?" My heart drops upon hearing that and at the same time it made my hand stop. What is in that journal, something about Robbie for sure. I really want to know what exactly did she read but I don't want to read her journal as well, that's just a very wrong thing to do.

"No, you didn't" I whispered and she pulls back and looks at me. She's too close and it was making me nervous, so close I can already feel her peppermint breath against my chin.

"Please tell me the truth." She whispers as I look into those ocean eyes. She's still here but confuse and scared and I want to reassure that what I said was the truth but when I open my mouth nothing comes out. "I ruined your engagement didn't I?"

"N-No, Shannon what have you read?" Shannon sighs and pulls back completely giving me a chance to just breathe. That was so close Shan, too close. I can hear my heart beating through my ears, that was too intense. She pulls out the notebook from the box again and opened it going through the pages one more time and stop until she finds it and starts to read out loud.

"April 21, 2019" She started and I'm trying to go back to what happened in April 21, 2019. That's too long ago and its really hard to remember.

"I don't know if I should be over the moon because we had some kind of moment last night or should I be worried because I just made everything more complicated than it already is. She's engaged. That is that. We can't be more than just friends and that's how it is." She sighs and looks at me and I was completely stunned of what she said. Last night? April? The premiere, that was in April right? Wait, last night. The night out before she went to Canada. Yes, that's it.

"Here's another, She's amazing and so kind and I can't just not to talk to her but at the same time I know I shouldn't let these feelings grow bigger because I think I might be falling for her even more" She had feelings for me even before that? Well, I didn't know that. She sighs as she closes her journal and puts it back in the box looking so bothered and I just don't know what to say, I didn't expect any of that.

"I had a flashback, back in Scarlett's house." Her brows knit together looking away from me. "There was this article, about Robbie getting arrested after we announced our relationship and I had a flashback and it was in front of a house and there were police. He was mad, I was furious and-fuck!" She held her head again scrunching her eyes. Okay, that is enough. She needs to rest. I rush closer to her and held her face in my hands again.