Chapter 80

Author's P.O.V.
News spread fast like lightning amongst the Olsens and the Beveridge family but never in public. Shannon and Lizzie are getting married is the single line that supports all of that. Friends and family gushes all day and the couple have been receiving texts, calls and voice messages all day, its like a press day for Elizabeth and Shannon's engagement just without the taped interviews and cameras flaunting themselves in front of them.

Shannon watches in awe as her fiancé talks gushingly over every phone call she receives. Screeches when the twins comes rushing in the room minutes after the million dollar yes, I will marry you rolls out so effortlessly from her lips. She watches her parents welcomed their soon to be daughter-in-law which doesn't even make sense to her since they already treat her as such. She listens to the never ending list of plans of the twins for their wedding since its kind of given that they would take over most of it.

Shannon smiles brightly, a smile she hasn't had on her face for quite some time, a smile that reaches her eyes and reflects on her insides waking up the butterflies to flutter in her heart. It wasn't because of the numerous plans and the multiple scenarios the twins are portraying in her mind right now. It wasn't because of her parents being happy about the news of her finally popping up the question. It was because of the fact that Elizabeth finally agreed to marry her and seeing her so happy about it, that was enough, it was enough to make her the happiest.

"You filmed it this whole time" Shannon snaps out of her daze to see the twins holding the cameras that were set up in her room earlier this day. She smiles and turns to Elizabeth who is clearly shocked that she didn't realized that she was being filmed.

"Oh yea, I did." Elizabeth shakes her head in disbelief as the twins got busy plugging the SD card on their laptop to watch how did the proposal went. Shannon shrugs walking towards her and giving her a kiss. The twins finally found the video and played it, a smile forming on Shannon's lips as they do so.

"You're not going to post this are you?" Elizabeth raised her head to look at Shannon. Elizabeth and Shannon's relationship being out in the public is the extent of that and even though Shannon's a bit out about her life doing vlogs sometimes for her content, she knows the limits of it and this very private and intimate moment exceeds that so she smiles and shake her head.

"No, its just for us. I just don't want to forget about it." Shannon sighs and turns her eyes back to the screen. There is something in her tone that makes Elizabeth and the twins scared, sad, confuse but tries to put that in the back of their minds and let the positivity conquer even for just this day.

"Have you told Trent?" Shannon asks

"Nope not yet—"

"I'll call him up." She placed one last kiss on top of Elizabeth's head and reach down to her pocket pulling out her phone. "I'll be at the porch." She smiled and Elizabeth nods, her eyes stuck on the screen rewatching a new core memory of hers.

Shannon's thumb hovers on the screen trying to compose what he's going to say to Trent since it will be the first time she would talk to him properly and not the usual 'thanks' and 'goodbye' she usually mutter every time they're together. She sighs and decided to just tell him straight away what she wants to say. She presses on the screen sending the phone to ring in her hand then she waits.

'Hello, Shan?' It was an urgent call. Since Trent had been with Shannon al throughout her recovery process while Elizabeth is away, she'd been closer to his heart since then even though she would completely ignore his presence every time. 'You alright bud?'

"Yes" She sighs. "I just want to tell you something." Shannon carefully sits down on the bench at their front porch and scans her eyes towards their neighborhood finding some kind of distraction from the fuzzy feeling in her hands and how nervous she seems right now finally talking to her soon to be brother-in-law.