Chapter 76

We're on location here at Hyde Park Christian Church after filming half of the day from St Peter's Church of Coupland. We have multiple scenes here to shoot and probably might take a while. All of the cast are here for the funeral scene and I think they are outside already having a meeting with Lesli. There's too much people out there so I decided to move away for a while and sit here in the church and watch as they fill up the altar with flowers and Lily's or should I say Betty's portrait on the side.

Its weird because I'm starting to have this image in my head which is so wrong, and I shouldn't be thinking about it, but can't get it off my mind. A picture of me instead of Betty's. I try to shake it off but its there.

The thing is, when I woke up this morning, nothing was said between the events that took place last night. Elizabeth didn't open it up, maybe because we're running late and I'm making it even harder for us since I'm incapable and needed a bit of support, but we still didn't talk about it in the car either instead, we talked about how she's excited for me to meet the other cast other than Jesse. I went with it, half heartedly. I was on autopilot since then. I did meet some of the cast earlier back at St Peter's. Patrick being one, he'a nice and I've finally met Krysten, on screen best friend and maybe growing into one in real life too. She said they spend most of their time together when they got days off and I'm really glad to hear that. At least she has some kind of distraction in some way. I also did  some scenes earlier, Lesli made me do them and she was impressed, I don't know why, since I barely remember half of it, but she was.

Then we went here and there were so many people outside. Lesli eventually gathered them all for a meeting and that's what they are doing at the moment. I snuck out though, It feels suffocating to be surrounded with that many and so I find myself here, wondering the horrible thought of me having a funeral of myself. Its just so weird.

"Hey" I snapped out of my daze and look up to see Elizabeth. She smiles a little and sits down beside me.

"Hi" I smiled placing a soft kiss on her forehead while her hand strokes my cheek.

"I've been looking everywhere for you." She sounded concern, worried so I offered a reassuring smile and shrug. "Where have you been?"

"Just here." I whispered. "There were too many people outside and I don't sit well with that many baby." I chuckled nervously. Just thinking about it suffocates me. She smiles softly and sits closer resting her head on my good shoulder and slipping her arm around mine and we sit there in silence watching the funeral scene come to life.

"Are you on a break or something?" I asked and that made her turn her head to look at me so I pull back a bit then I could look at her.

"Nope, they're setting up outside. I just snuck out there too." She giggles and I shake my head with a smirk on my face and she bites her lip resting her chin on my shoulder looking at me and the stare she's giving is rather confusing so I say

"What?" with a nervous chuckle and she just shakes her head and stroke my cheek.

"You know everything's going to be okay right?" She whispers but her tone was quite unsure to. I can hear it, loud and clear. "This is just a bump in the road as you said." She chuckles sadly, trying to convince me or maybe herself too but I appreciate her trying to make everything feel a little less heavy than it already is right now, so I smile and say.

"Yea, just a bump in the road." I looked away before she can even have the chance to look in my eyes because if she would, she will find out how that is just a fucking lie. She reads me that good. Its all in the eyes they say. I feel her move and rest her head back to my shoulder without another word, then she started playing with my fingers and it comforts me in some way, the smallest things are the most important in deed and this moment is enough to be stored in my precious one's.