Chapter 3: The decision part 3

Ok, Sky here again. I know that I have been taking FOREVER to get 'The Decision' done. (I know 3 chapters is too much.) This will be the last part of it. Now for a few reminders. Thoughts will be in Italics, Speaking will be in quotation marks, and if there is bold in parentheses that's just me. Ok then. That's it.

Bye.

Hiccups POV

Toothless launched into the air and Astrid clung onto me for support. He plunged in and out of the water annoying me thoroughly and scaring Astrid half to death.

"Toothless!" I hissed. "We need her to like us." He just shot even farther up, then opened his wings to fall down. He slithered through sea stacks, almost ramming me and Astrid into them all the time. He somersaulted through the air, and even dived into the water with us on his back. "Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile." I grumbled to him.

"Okay, okay I'm sorry. Just-Just get me down from here please." I heard Astrid say. She was clinging onto my shoulders for support and had her eyes scrunched closed.

Toothless looked back at us then slowed to a wonderful and calm pace. Astrid opened her eyes and took in the wonderful sight around her. (A/N I'm not going to bore you with all of the details that you already know, probably by heart if you're an HTTYD fan.)

***After the Romantic flight*** (they didn't see the nest yet.)

"Hiccup, that was amazing!" Astrid exclaimed to me as she took my hand and hopped off of Toothless. I'd never seen her like this. Happy and excited. She was always angry or annoyed.

The look on her face fell as she realized something. "Hiccup, your friends with these dragon," she said gesturing towards Toothless. "But you're going to have to kill the Monstrous Nightmare tomorrow." She said to me.

I had thought about this, really I had. And I said, "I'm going to go there tomorrow, and I'm going to train the dragon." I saw her gasp and put a hand over her mouth. "I'm going to show Berk that, dragons aren't mindless killing machines. They are wonderful, kind, loyal creatures."

Astrid thought about this for a moment and then said, "What happens if it goes wrong?" I stopped for a minute, thought a little then said, "I pray to the gods that I can be saved, and the dragons are ok."

"And then we leave." Astrid says, a confident look on her face and a smile, a pure, beautiful smile. I hadn't seen her smile in so long.

"Leave?" I question.

"You and I both know that Berk might not change, I mean, we didn't leave when dragon raids happened every other night, so why would we change?" She said. A saddened look crossed my face and a shocked and guilty look enveloped hers. "Oh Hiccup, I-I didn't mean that your efforts are pointless, I meant as a backup plan, we leave Berk." She put her hand on my shoulder and I stared at it for a minute, then I met her blue eyes.

"I can't drag you into this Astrid." I said to her. "You and I both know that you will be given the chance to kill the dragon after I leave, if I can't train it."

"Really Hiccup?" Astrid says to me. "You dragged me into this when you kidnapped me on your dragon."

"Ok, it wasn't a kidnapping." I say to her.

"Plus, I don't think I can kill a dragon after todays experience." She tells me. I look at her in confusion and she says, "You showed me another way to live Hiccup. You showed me that dragons aren't mindless monsters. You showed me a more peaceful way. You showed me what it was like to be a dragon! Flying through the air, dipping in and out of the water!" She exclaimed with excitement. "You showed me who you truly are Hiccup." She gazed into my eyes and continued, "This is the way that everyone should live! In harmony with dragons."

"You know that if we leave with dragons we'll be declared outcasts." I said to her. I had NEVER seen this side of her before.

"So be it!" She said happily. "But if we can save dragons on a daily basis, that, is what I want to do with my life."

"But, you've always wanted to become a shield maiden!" I said. I was so surprised. Astrid Hofferson had changed, and now wanted to help dragons?

"Hiccup, My dreams, priorities and reality have changed. I found my real purpose now Hiccup. It's very clear." She said matter of factly.

"Oh?" I questioned.

"It's me and you saving dragons. Together." She said. She then promptly turned red and said, "not like a couple or anything!" She quickly moved her hand off my shoulder.

"Yea! Yea of-of course! why would we date?" I asked her

"Yea! I mean we-we are nothing like that. Just friends." She said

"Yea." I said to her. "I like that. Friends." I was so happy that she thought that we could be friends again.

We stared at each other for a long moment until Toothless came and bumped the back of Astrid's legs with his head. She fell forward and I caught her arms. She glared at Toothless who had bounded over to the other side of the cove quickly and was lying innocently on the boulder he had perched himself on when he and I had met. Astrid backed away sort of quickly and pushed a piece of her hair behind her ear. Then she looked at me and punched my shoulder. "That's for kidnapping me!" She said. I was about to say something, when she grabbed a few of the strings of my shirt and pulled me in close. I felt something warm on my cheek for almost a second. When Astrid pulled away she said, "and that's, that's for everything else." Then she backed up a few steps then ran to get her stuff. I stared at her direction in a daze. Astrid Hofferson had kissed me.

I stood up and saw Toothless staring at me, so I said, "Now what are you looking at?" And he just laughed.

When Astrid got back, she had a basket of her stuff. We said hi and we talked and I quickly loaded it into the other compartment on Toothless's saddle. We were planning to leave after I trained the Monstrous Nightmare. I thought that the village might come after me, so we were planning to just run to the cove and take off. If the village accepted our ways, we would show them Toothless.

Now, all we had to do was wait.

Hey guys! Another cliffhanger. (Sort of.) who knows what's going to go down tomorrow? (Oh wait, I do.)

I wrote this chapter while I was at home sick, so that's why it's sort of long, but happy news, NEW RECORD!!! we got 1000+ words!! (1110 excluding this note.)

I might post chapters everyday, or maybe just a few times a week.

Time for some Questions

Favorite HTTYD dragon? (Can be from any of the movies, games etc.)

Favorite ship besides Hiccstrid?

Who's the better sibling? Heather,Dagur or Hiccup?

Ok that's all for now. Bye!