Chapter 23: Me too.

Hello. I'm back. Did you miss me?

Hiccup

"How do we tell them?" I asked Astrid. We were in my hut. She was pacing the room and fiddling with the infinity chain.

"Do we have to?" Astrid asked. "Can't we just keep it under wraps for a little?"

"Yeah, but why?" I questioned.

"Because," she smiled, staring down at the glimmering jewelry. "I want to keep it to us. Just us."

I tilted my head, grinning. "Of course, M'lady."

"Thanks," she punched my shoulder. "By the way, it took you so long. 4 years babe. 4??" (A/N reminder. They are 23.)

"Hey!" I rubbed my shoulder "isn't it like, illegal to hurt your spouse?"

"Not on this island, no," Astrid cackled.

"Remind me to make that a law," I muttered.

"I will never allow it to go through. I hold power on the council, babe. I'll just veto it." She grinned evilly, tapping her fingers together in a sequence.

"As if! I'll get Dagur, and Eret!"

"Yeah, and I'll have Mala, Heather, your mum,  everyone!" She retorted.

"Not fair," I muttered, trying to pout. "I'm the chief."

"And I'm the chieftess," Astrid smiled. She spoke in a lighthearted, singsong voice.

I smiled goofily, "chief and chieftess. Has a nice ring to it, right?"

Astrid took my hand and spun herself into my chest, keeping my arm draped on her neck. "Cheiftess and Cheif, hiccup. That sounds immensely better."

"Oh and your the grammar police," I rolled my eyes,

She laughed and took my hand and twisted my shoulder. "Ow!" I yelped. "You win, you always win!" She let go still laughing hard.

"Yes, yes I do," she giggled.

"C'mere," I smiled and rolled my eyes. I pulled her in with one hand around her waist. I leaned down and kissed her softly. Just as I did that, someone barged in.

It was startling. The door was thrown open and someone, More like Eret, barged in saying "Chief! Someone's at the docks!" He took a pause and inspected the scene.

Astrid and I jumped from the kiss and I had grabbed one of his swords that had been mounted on the walls. Astrid had taken what had been closest, and sharpest, and put it to Eret's throat.

It was my leg.

Astrid had put one of my spare legs that had been laying around to Eret's throat.

"Was I interrupting something?" He choked out, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Eret!" I groaned, my face turning red. I peeled my fingers off my face and asked, "who's at the docks?"

"I don't know. That why I came here. The ships flag isn't registered in our systems. I had someone go checks for the boat and flag and they couldn't find anything. Nothing from your personal records on ships from your adventures either," Eret answered, rubbing his throat from the leg to his neck. Astrid had moved back and was putting the leg in the chest.

"Let's go meet them," Astrid answered cooly.

She exited the room, with me and Eret on her heels. "Astrid, did we have any plans for someone coming today?" I asked, looking at the schedule in the house. It held any important events, including meeting with other islands, Trader arriving dates, you get the gist. It also held birthdays or wedding invites of important chiefs or their children. It had been important for them to attend these things to show respect.