Like Real People Do

───────── ౨ৎ ─────────

❝ WHAT DID YOU BURY BEFORE THOSE
HANDS PULLED ME FROM THE EARTH ? ❞ 

❝ WHAT DID YOU BURY BEFORE THOSE HANDS PULLED ME FROM THE EARTH ? ❞ 

Demi Campbell had excelled in her training and got all four of her grades by the time she reached 15. And then she had to face a particularly nasty Type Two with her team and everything went wrong. She knew that Fittes was a prestigious company and she was lucky to have gained a position there. Her parents had worked hard to get her there but Demi didn't want to be there anymore.

They argued back and forth about it before eventually, she escaped. The details of her leaving her family and the company behind were hazy to Demi now. She had suppressed it but she could remember being out after curfew and Anthony defending her before she got herself ghost-locked. Then there was crying but she didn't really do that anymore.

Either way, she ended up at Lockwood & Co and supported Anthony and George while the company was starting out. And it was what she wanted. Almost exactly what she had always wanted even if Anthony and George were not the best roommates and there was a door that she couldn't go into. She didn't really mind all that much.

But it all began to change when the feelings that Demi had been trying to fight came to the surface and she couldn't ignore that she was helplessly in love with her employer. It was bad. It was wrong but Anthony was charming. It was hard not to fall for him.