03, Save You Again

───────── ౨ৎ ─────────

❝ 03 , save you again❞

Curfew had creeped past by now and it was dark outside. Demi knew it was dangerous to be out especially without her rapier and especially alone but she didn't want to go back to the house yet. She wasn't sure what it was but after George's questions in the Archives and all the reading, she couldn't face the house.

George had gone back hours ago and Demi had been wandering London all that time. She stopped for some pizza at George's favourite place but once that was eaten, she went off again as night slowly fell.

The streets got quieter and quieter the closer that curfew got and all that was left was a few taxis that roamed the streets and the nightwatch. Most adults couldn't see the ghosts so they hid inside. Demi, on the other hand, could see them all but she did her best to ignore them. Most of the Spirits didn't want to bother her and she had absolutely no reason to bother them.

All she wanted was to stroll around and maybe try and face home again. She still couldn't put her finger on what had triggered her down the sad path she seemed to be taking but she just needed a minute. Living with the boys never meant she got a minute so it was nice to get a few hours of those minutes.

There was complete silence as she stopped on the edge of the road. She closed her eyes and just listened. Listened to the silence and the way her breath moved through her body. The soft lift of her chest before she let out a huff. The breath rushed between her teeth as she let her shoulders drop down. Her head fell forward, too heavy to hold up any longer.

Lockwood would worry. She knew that. George would have told him that she had just stayed out for a walk and then Lockwood would worry. She couldn't blame him. A night like this is exactly what he had saved her from all those months ago. A night where she was alone and tired and sad and he saved her from some less than kind spirits.

She missed her parents. She had chosen to leave but she hadn't seen them. They didn't eat tea like they normally did that night so by the time she climbed out of her window, it had been at least twelve hours since she had seen them. That bothered her sometimes but she tried not to think about it too much. They had just wanted to give her space.

Eventually, Demi found herself at the door of Portland Row and she shoved her hands into her pockets to grab the key. She twisted the lock and pushed the door open, pulling the key out as she stepped into the warmth of her home.

It swathed her and it felt nice. The biting London cold made her shiver but this, this made her feel comfortable. She gently closed the door behind her and when she turned back around, Lockwood was there. She sent him a half-smile.

"Hey," She mumbled out awkwardly. He then crowded her. His hands moved to her shoulders and he surveyed her face for any injuries. The worry nipped at him even if his face didn't really show it.