Chapter 72

The accommodations that Peter's group was nice and yet simple with balconies looking out on the city industrial district, Peter wished they didn't because he could see enslaved people working and distantly heard the cracks of the whips on their backs that made Peter's hands clench again into fists until he felt Betsy's hand on his shoulder and her voice in his head. 'It sickens us all as well, and we know that if we manage to win then there could be a chance of helping those people down there.' "That chance is most likely." Sersi spoke and everyone looked at her surprise "You could hear...?" Betsy started to ask when Sersi spoke "I'm an Eternal with telepathic abilities similar to yours Betsy, though neither of us can naturally read Outlanders' minds as you guessed when you tried to read Shao Kahn's mind back in the throne room..." Betsy's cheeks turned pink as Sersi continued "At any case, yes I heard that and I say again that your chances of helping those slaves after winning the tournament is likely."

"Why that?" Peter asked "Because just like Shao Kahn if he won, you would become the new Emperor of the Outlands by its law since he will be both the last opponent and a course his Champion in the tournament that you will face." "And he won't go down easily." Raiden added and Peter replied shrugging "No enemy really does, especially a brute like Shao Kahn, at any rate, we should be ready for what ever he throws at us at the tournament tomorrow." The others in his group agreed as they settled into their rooms and prepare themselves like Amora ensuring her magic was up to snuff or Chun-Li practicing with both Cammy and Karnak. While his group did this Peter was about to join them when Sersi asked him to follow her and they went to a nearby empty room, once they were inside and the door was closed, Sersi waved a glowing green hand and a dome of green energy appeared over her and Peter. Who looked at the Eternal curiously, "Just a protective illusion dome to ensure of no eavesdropping and some privacy."

"So what is it you want to talk about?" Peter asked as Sersi looked at him with an unreadable expression, "Quite a lot, and all tying in with the Klyntar merge to your body. You kicked up quite a storm ever since it attached to you and yet you haven't been consumed by that storm, mainly thanks to your patron arriving in time to remove the other sentient mind that inhabited the Symbiote now bonded to you. Truthfully us Eternals were a bit concerned about it merging with you and you learning how to harness it, because as you know from Carol Danvers that there are a multiverse of different worlds and there are a few where those who have gain that power. They were consumed by it and brought destruction to their worlds, but that because of the other mind that was the Klyntar itself, which made them go mad and yet fortunately Madam Web was able to stop it from doing the same to you. Even without the other mind influencing your thoughts, we were nervous still that the power would go to your head but you continue to prove that you hold the responsibility to this power."

"So what's the problem?" Peter questioned "There are some of my fellow Eternals, who feels that since you gain the ability of the power subjects that join your Kingdom, that you might in time become too powerful and if you were consumed by darkness that not even us Eternals could stop you. So I want to request that you give us a Klyntar and can create a contingency in the unlikely hood that you became corrupted and needed to be stopped." Peter rubbed his chin with a furrow brow as he thought before finally speaking, "I see your point, that a person who have so much power, even if he use it for good, would need a fail safe against the possibility of him going to the dark side. Alright, I'll give you a Klyntar, but it's need a hoist in order to live." Sersi answer to this was bringing out a small stone from her pocket and transformed it into a rabbit, "Will this do?"

Peter nodded and transferred a Klyntar to the fluffy bunny, "I'm trusting you not to abuse it, because I will know, like when A.I.M did, if you are hurting it and..." "And I give my word that I'll make sure that Phastos will not go as far as they did." Sersi finished the sentence and the two looked into each other eyes for a long moment as Peter saw that Sersi would keep her word in only using the Klyntar if the need arose. Returning to his room as Sersi transported to her base that was rumored to be inside the dead body of a celestial, Peter prepared like the rest for the tournament tomorrow that took place in the giant colosseum near the palace.