Chapter 71

(THE ADVENTURES IN OUTLANDS-PART ONE)

Just as Sersi said, a few days later a group of people arrived at York most weren't human, like one that was about as big as Gorgon with four massive arms call Shokans from the Outlands nation of Kuatan. Another looked more human except for both the large mouth that revealed the rows of long sharp teeth and the blades protruding from the body such as the arms, this being was a Tarkata that mostly roamed nomadically across the Outlands deserts. The last member of the group was human, "That is Princess Kitana of Edenia, she's the stepdaughter of Shao Kahn after he murdered her father and took her mother Sindel as his wife. I suspect that Shao Kahn might be using a spell to make both accept him as husband and father." Raiden commented and Peter looked at the Princess.

Who sort of reminded him of Jasmine because of the medium color of her skin and the long lustrous black hair, with a blue with silver edge headband on top, that fell like a waterfall to the slender waist of Kitana's hourglass shape body, though it was more built as a warrior even by the outfit she wore. Comprised of a blue top with silver trim with black strings forming "X"s across her chest, while the blue and silver shorts she wore, with a pair of what looked like a set of folded up together knives hanging from each hip, had an apron attached to fall in between her long strong bare legs that was covered from the knees down by blue boots with silvery designs on the front. Which was the same for the pair of arm band gauntlets covering her forearms and while Kitana wore a blue and silver mask from the nose down, Peter knew her heart shape face was beautiful underneath like the voice that spoke from beneath the mask as the Princess bowed to him.

"Greetings King Peter Parker, I am Princess Kitana of Outlands, I'm here on the commands of my father Emperor Shao Kahn…" Kitana then explained of the tournament and the reasons for it, "Refusing wouldn't be wise, because…" "Because it means that I would forfeit the tournament and then the Emperor would be freely allowed to invade my kingdom." Peter finished for her and he saw the surprise in the Princess' blue eyes even with the mask hiding the rest of her face, regaining herself Kitana nodded and said that he should gather his best warriors and once he done so, he and them would accompany her to Outlands.

Peter's group of warriors included Betsy, Amora, Rogue, Karnak, Diana, Nubia, Natasha, Cammy, Chun-Li, Sonya, Sonja and Aayela. While Ororo stayed behind to run the kingdom Peter rode beside Kitana across York to the mountain chain that divided their nation with that of the Outlands, which was an interesting place because it was a mixture of both almost barren deserts, lush jungles and snowy mountains depending on the land that they were in. All which were connected together to the land in the center of the Outlands call not too surprisingly as the Land of Shao Kahn, Peter asked Kitana if it had a name before Shao Kahn renamed it and she replied that if there was, there wasn't anyone alive who remembered the name.

The capital city of the land was called 'Z'Unkahrah' and it was a grand city beside the sea with the architect of the buildings being almost nothing like Peter have seen anywhere else, a course despite the city being visible glamorous he knew that it wasn't as grand as soon as he saw it people. Most wore practically rags and were nearly skin and bones, while the ones who were dressed in nice clothes was also round and fat men who sat on palanquin carried by either low level Shokans or by male Twi'lek. Who Peter knew immediately were slaves by both the slave collar around their necks and the series of scars across their backs from the whip that the fat man in the chair held and crack menacingly as female Twi'leks, wearing very revealing clothes that barely covered them, feed him grapes and stuff.

Watching a Twi'lek getting struck by the whip for tripping on a small rock made Peter clench his hands into fists and he was about to divert to stop the torture when he felt Kitana grab his arm, "I know that you, like many of the other nations are haters of slavery, I, myself, hate the brutality and chaining up of another person but you are a guest here and can't interfere with a higher level Lord." Peter's hand almost bled from how hard he was clenching his fists, but sighing heavily he looked at the whipped Twi'lek on the ground and fired a sheet of web that he enchanted with a healing property to cover his bleeding back. The Twi'lek looked up and a grateful expression appeared on his and his fellow slaves faces, even as their master looked livid until a glance from the Princess stop him from shouting. Peter guessed that Kitana was smiling even though it was hard to tell behind her mask as they continued their way towards the palace in the middle of the city, which looked more like a fortress or a monument to Shao Kahn's ego by the large statue of the guy standing in the middle of the courtyard.

Where Raiden and Sersi were waiting for the group as they went to the palace throne room, there the real Shao Kahn was and looked just like the image Sersi had shown, including the skull like helmet on top of his head as he sat on a wicked looking throne. Standing on its right was a man who looked elderly by his long grey hair and goatee, but Peter knew that the man was a powerful sorcerer by the magic coming off him. On the left side of the throne stood a woman of extreme beauty, there were many similarities between this woman and Kitana in their fair skin hourglass shape body, the strong heart shaped face and even their noses was the same. The difference between them came in the form of the woman having long white hair that had a distinctive thick black line running across the top of her head, along with having practically all white color eyes she was dressed in what looked like a mostly black plunging swimsuit with purple in the middle and silver along the edges. Her long legs was mostly covered by thigh high boots that matched the colors of the suit, while a black with silver lining sleeveless vest was on top of it and the same colored fingerless gloves covered her arms up to the elbows.

To finish this outfit was the purple lipstick on her lips that rose in a smile as the woman, who was obviously Sindel, smiled at Kitana as the Princess went to stand beside her and Shao Kahn spoke in the deep voice. "Lady Sersi, Lord Raiden, King Peter Parker of York, Welcome to the Outlands, I'm glad that you accepted my challenge." "Didn't have much of a choice, since saying no would've meant that you could freely invade my country and kill my people." Peter responded with his eyes locked on Shao Kahn's through the skull faceplate, they stared at each other for a long minute to see who would break first and seeing that his opponent wasn't going to break Shao Kahn broke the staring contest as he spoke. "You have spunk Parker, I wonder if they will have that same spirit when I win and become their ruler." "Oh they do and would never accept a tyrant like you." Peter answered and the gray haired man responded with a "How dare you speak to the Great Shao Kahn like that, you should…!" He stopped by Shao Kahn raising his hand.

"Silence Shang Tsung, King Parker is free to his opinion for however long he has before the tournament is over." His eyes looked over the women in Peter's group and added "Which might not be too long." "I wouldn't underestimate King Peter's warriors, if I was you Shao Kahn." Sersi commented and the man huff at her words as Raiden explained about the rules and conditions of the Mortal Kombat Tournament. After he was finished Shao Kahn had Kitana lead Peter's team to their sleeping quarters in the palace.