Chapter 78

Peter felt the relief that his very smart and understanding wife had come up with a solution and a course was right about his mind starting to think about Daphne Blake, who's family, as promised, opened a company in creating and selling custom clothing to the people of New York. Who a course bought them out of habit and courtesy since nearly all of them could just have their Klyntars morph into the outfits that they wanted, at any rate Barty and Nan Blake company was growing while their career set daughters joined their professions like Daisy at New York General or Dorothy starting to make a name for herself on the racing tracks. Still Daphne was the one who stood out because though Peter had learned that she was working at her family company, she didn't really enjoyed creating outfits for those like her sister Dawn to wear at a modeling show.

The other families like the Rogers and the Dinkleys were doing fine, though as Peter expected the Jones were somewhat of a problem because of their son Fred who Peter's assumptions were correct about him being pompous and believed he could have any woman. A week after their arrival Chun-Li had reported that Fred had gotten into trouble trying woo and seduce a blonde at a bar right in front of her husband, who nearly laid Fred out when he told him to stop and Jones wasn't taking the hint. Fortunately the man's wife held him back and the bar manager had Fred nicely 'removed' before he could angry anyone else and ended up with missing teeth in the hospital, since Fred didn't have a Klyntar the incident was reported to the police so they could keep an eye on the guy who continued to try to get under women dresses over the next few weeks.

Peter was very tempted to not invite the Jones to the ball, but some wise wisdom from his wives told him it would be too suspicious and rude to not invite them so he sent the invite to Skip and Peggy Jones. Though a course he sent mentally to the other guests through the Klyntar system, mainly to the married ladies, to be wary of Fred Jones as they arrived at the castle like Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy, who warmly greeted Peter's new wives Tigra and Ava who had adjusted slowly to their new life off the island and though they didn't need the furry bodies anymore, the ladies, mainly Tigra, had miss the feeling and so choice to keep her fur on even at this ball. Which was a grand one with Peter spent the first half of it dancing with his wives and his daughters like May, then he went walking around the edge of the dance floor watching the guests move across it like Shaggy Rogers and Velma Dinkley who it was clear were together.

Then he spotted Daphne Blake staying off a bit to the side of the room alone, she wore a simple off-the-shoulder purple column gown with a lime green sash around her waist. Even with her long red hair pulled up into a half-up braided bun she looked lovely, and might've been breathtaking to Peter except for the sad expression on her face. Her mind was lost in thought because Daphne didn't see Peter approach and jumped when he placed a gentle hand on her bare shoulder, "Oh, your majesty, I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." She said looking sheepishly away, "It's alright, sorry for scaring you. What are you doing over here and not joining your family on the dance floor, don't you dance?" Peter asked and Daphne continue to not look at him as she replied "Oh I do dance, but just I don't have a partner to dance with."

Seeing an opportunity Peter held his hand out to her, "I'll be your partner if you want." Daphne looked at him with surprise and that she wasn't expecting the offer since she believed that he would rather dance with her mother or one of her sisters, sensing that she was debating whether to accept his offer or not Peter reached out through his telepathic powers and gave her mind a small nudge into the right direction. "I'll be happy for that." And taking his hand Daphne let herself be pulled onto the dance floor. As they moved together to a slow song Peter could feel that though she tried to hide it, Daphne couldn't really enjoy it "I have a feeling that you are troubled by something." Daphne's eyes widen for a moment before she tried to cover up her shock by saying "Trouble? Nothing troubling me." But as Peter continue to look at her with a kind yet questioning stare, Daphne's balloon seemed to deflate as she replied "Ok maybe I am a bit distracted."