Chapter 10

Deep breaths. Good, now more deep breaths. You think, trying to relax.

You've been hiding in a smuggler's crawl space with the others for the past hour. You do multiple Jedi calming exercises, as you hear the clank of Stormtroopers as they searched the ship.

Once it's clear, Chewie and Obi-Wan pop the hatch/floor.

"Never thought I'd be smuggling myself." Han says.

"I never thought I'd be carrying the torch for Rogue One." You say, wiping your sweat-slicked forehead.

"What's Rogue One?" Luke asks.

Obi-Wan nods.

"They got the," you make a sound and twitch your head slightly. "For your droid."

"Better yet. How do you know of Rogue One?" Han asks as everyone climbs out of the compartments.

"I have a life other than what's on this ship..." A smile crosses your face. You wave your hand but don't use the Force. "Jedi business. Go back to your work."

Han responds with an agitated sigh.

Chewie laughs.

***

Your companions conclude that no matter how fast the ship is, there's no leaving unless the Tractor Beam is deactivated.

So, to sneak around, Han and Luke steal the uniforms of other troopers that boarded to search the ship.

You wouldn't have any problems putting on the armor, but there are four people and two suits.

So you decide to put on the stuncuffs. "I'm wanted in two systems. Also, I can fit in the cuffs." You reason, wanting to spare Chewie the discomfort of the small cuffs.

You stand up straight, head held high, shoulders back, as they march you and Chewie into the guard house.

Boy are the guards in for a shock when they open the door and meet a mad Wookiee. Han and Chewie make short work of them.

"You know, between his howling and you blasting everything in sight, I'm surprised the whole station doesn't know where here." Luke says as he and Han remove their helmets.

Han removes your stuncuffs.

You rub your hands and listen in on the plan.

Then Ben makes the announcement he would be going to shut down the Tractor Beam. Sticking with the script, Luke tries to go with him.

"Your destiny lies along a different path from mine. The Force will be with you...always!" Ben says.

That means I'm going with Ben. You think. May the Force be with you.

Obi-Wan stops short and turns to you. "Why are you following me?" He asks.

"Because I've had more training than Luke. I'm technically skilled enough to be a Padawan." You say with a grin.

"Right," he pinches the bridge of his nose. "Alright then. You may accompany me."

"Thank you sir." You say, fighting the urge to bow to him.

"But heed my every order. If I say run, you take off and don't stop until you're safe. Do you understand?"

"Crystal clear."

***

You and Obi-Wan make your way swiftly and silently through the halls of the Death Star.

Jyn, Cassian, Bodhi, Baze, Chirrut, K-2S0. You think, remembering Rogue One. You won't have died in vain. I promise I won't let you down. You think, keeping your hand on your lightsaber the entire time.