Chapter 42

You and Leia run down the length of the ship back to the bridge. You face the deploying Shock Troopers head-on. When you get to a Turbolift, you and she opt to use your Liquidcables to pull you up.

***

"Please be okay. Please be okay. Please oh please, oh please, be okay." Is all your dad can say, since the shock wave from the explosion had killed the datapad's connection to the prison ship's security system.

Jax cocks his head to the side, listening to the sounds of fighting that have made their way through the air ducts.

"I'm still hearing fighting. Our hope stands." He says.

***

When you and Leia reach the floor the bridge is on, it's a straight shot from the Turbolift to the bridge. Oddly enough, their doors are wide open.

You and Leia take off running, lightsabers still drawn.

"SEAL THE BLAST DOORS!" The Warden orders.

The heavy durasteel-plated doors slam shut before you clear half the hallway.

Without thinking, you plunge your lightsaber blade into the door. The locks offer as much resistance as The Phoenix's hull.

The smell of molten metal burns your nose, but you press your assault.

Unsure of which way to move your lightsaber, you start making the shape of a standard rectangular door.

You hear a hiss! And a clang! But think nothing of it. It's not coming from the door you're facing.

You hear the sound of metal rolling over metal...you can swear you've heard it before.

"DESTROYERS!" Leia yells. Blocking the repeating blaster fire.

"SWITCH!" You shout, swapping places with her. So now Leia is cutting through the door, while you handle the Battle Droids. If anything you do this to protect her and the twins.

You see that halfway back up the corridor, is a sealed off blastdoor, essentially cutting you off from going back to the lift.

That gives you an idea.

You deflect the repeating blaster fire until there's a slight pause. Then you use the Force Whirlwind.

The Droid Dekas smack into the walls, floor, and ceiling. The blunt force damage disables their shields.

Before they have a chance to retaliate, you throw your lightsaber out in an arch. It slices the droids in half, rendering them inoperable.

The blur of color loops back around, and you catch it with ease.

The droids hit the floor with a loud clang!

"I'm through!" Leia announces as she pulls her lightsaber out of the door.

You turn, and both of you do a Force push strong enough to make the multi-layered door fall inwards.

The door hits the floor like you would expect a large metal slab to sound.

Inside the bridge, you're met with Shock Troopers armed with electro-batons.

You and Leia make quick work of them.

Now you can see the Warden was in the middle of a meeting when you busted in.

There is a set of ten holograms showing one Remenat officer per display. You recognize Brendol and a few other Grand Moffs.

On the main holoprojector is a face you weren't expecting to see for several more years.

"Hello Sheeve." You say, waving with your free hand. You paint the most innocent-looking grin on your face.