What Did I Do? (Nate's POV)

Chapter 5: 

                                                                Nate’s POV

Naattee!” I hear Stacey whine from beside me. 

      What does she want now? She is so f*cking annoying. I mean really, do I have to pay attention to her every second? She acts like were dating, but we’re not. Unfortunately, she won’t take no for an answer.

“What?” I said trying to put an  ‘I’m interested’ look. But really I’m not.

“Why don’t you ever listen to me?” She tries to pout but she just look constipated. 

“I’m sorry, didn’t realize you notice.” I said casually.

“Oh, you’re so funny babe.” Stacy said using her fake laugh, while running her hand up and down my shoulder..

      I knew what I would have to do. If I didn’t at least make some physical touching she would whine all day and wouldn’t leave me alone. So I reached up and put my hand on her face stroking it. Trying not to gag as I feel some of her makeup wipe off on my hand. Honestly, I think girls that wear make up, look ugly as f*ck. I like the natural look most of the time. But, hey, you gotta do what you gotta do, to get laid. 

“Awh, you don’t even have to apologize anymore, babe.” Stacey said grinning.

“Thanks.” I said not really caring.

      The bell rung signaling to me that class has started. I walk to my desk that is in front of Caroline’s. I smell her perfume that smells like roses. I heard her sniff and turn around slightly to see her have tears in her eyes. It almost broke my heart; why does it bother me? Do I have feelings for her? No, f*ck no. I’m Nate Lakerfield, I don’t have feelings for anyone. But, even with my protests I feel my face go from ignorant to sincere. 

“Why are you crying?” I whispered.

“Nothing,  now just leave me alone.” she said sternly, hate going through her eyes.

      What did I do? Yeah, maybe I was a jerk, but I didn’t do anything to her; that I know of. I am an ass to a lot of girls. Once we have s*x I just tell them to leave. But, I have never hurt Caroline’s feelings, and I can’t figure out why.

“No, tell me what’s wrong.” I said in the same tone as hers, trying to get her to tell me why she’s crying.

      I was too busy looking at her that I didn’t notice that Mr. Collins had turned around. He cleared his throat and looked at us expectantly. I mentally rolled my eyes. I hate his classes. I have had so many detentions in his class, it isn’t even funny. 

“DETENTION! THE BOTH OF YOU!” Mr. Collins shouted. 

       I internally groaned. I can’t believe him! No one cares about his dumb f*cking lesson! Can’t he just cut us some slack? I don’t even know how he can’t even tell that Caroline is over here with tears in her eyes. I look behind me to see Caroline giving me a glare that could kill anything. Greatttt… Just what I needed. Her to be mad at me even more. I just shook my head and faced the board.