Parents, They Ruin Everything.

Chapter 27:

Nate’s POV

            I’m lying here on my girlfriend’s bed thinking about my parents. See anything wrong with that? Haha. I’m thinking about what I’m going to tell her about my parents. They’re not much different to her parents. Mine are never home either, but they do come up and check on me sometimes. Very rarely though. My father is the basically the only one. He is the one that got me into basketball, but he is hardly ever here to see it. You’d think if you ‘don’t’ have time for one kid, you won’t have another? WRONG. After I was born my parents have been trying for another baby, but they have not succeeded. Which is why they are always on ‘vacations’, yeah okay. They just ignore me. The only thing they care about is if I play basketball and I get good grades.

            I sighed and just stopped thinking about my stupid parents and focused on my lovely girlfriend. Today was the most fun I’ve had in years and I loved it. I usually hate all the mushy gushy stuff, but today it was good mushy gushy stuff. Ha. Therefore, I wouldn’t mind it here and there, but I think I’ve had enough for a week or two.

“Nate are you ready for bed?” Carrie asked sleepily.

“Yes, Sweetheart.” I said before turning off the lamp beside me.

            I pulled Carrie closer to me and smiled. STOP! I’M GETTING TOO MUSHY. I chuckled.

“Why are you laughing?” Carrie asked.

“No reason,” I said kissing her forehead, “Go to sleep.”

            She whispered an ‘Okay.” And then I heard her breathing even out, telling me that she was sleeping. I closed my eyes and went to sleep with a smile on my face.

*Next morning (6/18)*

            I woke up before Carrie did and shuffled out of bed, stopping when she stirred in her sleep. I walked out her bedroom door and quietly shutting it behind me, making sure I wouldn’t wake her up. After I made sure her door was shut, I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. I was starving for some reason. I looked at the clock on the microwave and it read, 11:47 a.m. I was shocked and did a double take, making sure I wasn’t just seeing anything. Dang, how did I sleep so long? I hardly ever do this. Oh well.. I thought. Too late. I walked over to the fridge and scanned over the contents in it. Then I found what I wanted and grabbed it; bacon and eggs. It’s a simple but good for you breakfast. I turned around when I heard footsteps walking into the kitchen.

            I looked over to see Carrie coming in rubbing her eyes with her balled up fists. I chuckled and smiled at the sight before me. She looks like a little kid. I took in her appearance still smiling. She head extreme bed head, ruffled long t-shirt, and shorty shorts on. But, she still looked hot. I swear that girl could make a trash bag look hot. I set the bacon and eggs onto the counter, letting the fridge close by itself and made my way around the island to greet her. I’m a Gentleman, I know.

“Good morning!” I chirped.

            Carrie jumped and looked up at me surprised.