"I'm not in love."

Chapter 23:

Nate’s POV

I looked down at Carrie’s sleeping form in my arms, smiling softly. She looked so peaceful, not scared, and worriless. The thought that someone would want to hurt her is unbelievable. Thinking back to me being so oblivious to what was happening next to me; I gave the ass money and didn’t know that he was the one that hurt my Sweetheart. If I knew, I would have started to beat the shit out of him.

I felt her squirm in my arms and chuckle quietly when I see that she is now laying on her stomach with her head on my stomach and her mouth squished into this weird way, but it’s adorable. I take my hand and softly run my fingers through her soft hair. She is so beautiful.

I can’t believe this, I feel like I’m whipped. Oh what the guys would do if they could see this. Everyone always thinks that our group is full of man whores and players. However, it isn’t really true. Yeah, we’ve all slept with girls, but not near as much as some people have. My friends usually all have girlfriends, and if they do, they are completely committed. But, none are like me. They wouldn’t be sitting here holding their girlfriends, and running their fingers through her hair. They would just let her sleep and would watch a movie, or would go home.

But, I love this feeling. I love being able to hold her in my arms. I love being able to call her Sweetheart. I love staying the night with her and cuddling with her. I love hearing her laugh when I tickle her. I love the small dimple she has on her left cheek that comes out when she is really happy. I love her. Wait. Did I really just say that…?

Yes, you did.

Who’s there?

It’s your innerself.

What? 

I’m your conscious! I’m your common sense, technically.

I’m going crazy.

Yeah, crazy in L-O-V-E. 

I’m not in love. We’ve only been dating for like 3 days.

Tomorrow will be 3 days. 

SEE! 2 days then! I do not love her.

Mhmm.. Sure you don’t. 

I don’t! It’s not possible to love someone after 2 days.

Yes. It is. You love her. You always think about her. You even told her why you don’t drink. That means a lot. 

Okay.. So?

So? IT’S SERIOUS! YOU LOVE HER! JUST ADMIT IT!