Parental Calling

Chapter 21:

Carrie’s POV

I woke up to hearing my phone vibrate loudly next to me. I kept my eyes closed and groaned, snuggling into my warm, soft pillow. When I heard my phone start ringing again I went to pat around for it, but instead I hit something hard as rock. I slowly open my eyes to see my hand on Nate’s abs. Forgetting about my phone I realized, he was sleeping with his arms wrapped around me with my head in his chest. I blushed, realizing that he slept in my bed with me. 

I looked up at him noticing that he looked really peaceful as he slept. He didn’t have that worry line above his eye brows, his jaw wasn’t tense; he just looked relaxed. I started to put my hand on his jaw line but my stupid phone stopped me. I didn’t bother looking at the caller ID and just answered. 

“Hello?” I said angrily into the phone.

“Hey honey!” My mom’s voice rang through my phone.

I about dropped my phone. 

“Hi mom.” I said awkwardly.

“We’re not coming home for another month. I’m so sorry. I know that your birthday is coming up, and we are always there for it. But, our bosses gave us an amazing opportunity! I will give you all the details when we come home!” She said in her fake cheery voice. 

“Yeah. Okay. Bye.” I said blandly.

Before she could say anything else, I hung up on her. My freaking birthday! She is going to miss my 18th birthday!? I got up and stormed downstairs not caring if I woke up Nate at the moment. I ran down to our basement and went into my brother’s old workout room and started to cry. I close the door behind me and looked at the big picture frame on the wall. It was of Ryan (A/n her brother) and me. He was using me as a weight by lifting me up and down. He had this huge smile on his face and you could tell he was happy. I slid down the side of the wall and started to cry loudly, not caring if Nate could hear me, which I doubt he could. 

To be continued. 

This is the shortest chapter I have ever made. I needed to post something so you guys know that I am not giving up on this book. Hope you like! PLEASE VOTE! I know this was a boring chapter, but show me your love.(;  Haha. Sorry for not posting for awhile!

FAN, VOTE, COMMENT, and ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY!

-Kinsey xx