Creeper

Chapter 6:

Caroline's POV

I should have taken the stupid ride from that Jerk. It is almost pitch dark outside besides the street lamps. My foot steps echoed through the empty street. I was walking slowly so I wasn't even half way home yet! I get snapped out of my thoughts as I hear some footsteps behind me. I turn around to see someone in a black hoodie and black pants. I couldn't see his face because the top of his hood was making a shadow covering his features.

My breathing picks up as I try to walk faster. Dammit! I should have gone with Nate! I hear the thumping of his foot steps getting closer to me. I turn around to see the stranger full on running towards me. I start to run, but before I can his arm yanks my hand back.

"Well aren't you just a pretty thing." The stranger said in this god awful husky voice.

I whimpered and said, "Please don't hurt me."

"Not making any promises." He said showing his rotten teeth at me while smiling.

"Please. Just let me go." I whispered shaking from head to toe.

"No. Now come here." He sneered.

EW. Ew. Ew. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! I obediently went to him scared that if I didn't I would get smacked or worse.

"I knew you wanted me too." He whispered.

His face got closer and closer to mine. I could feel his breath on my face and that is when I freaked. I yanked my knee up and hit him where the sun don't shine. He moaned and almost fell over. The stranger looked at me and that's when I saw his facial features. He had brown hair, yellowish green eyes, and a crooked nose. His yelling made me come out of my thoughts.

"You B*TCH!" He shouted angrily.

I ran full speed down the sidewalk. I could hear a car approaching but knew that they wouldn't stop at this time at night. I kept running hearing his footsteps get quieter and quieter. I heard a loud *THUMP*. My breathing was getting harder, but I kept on running knowing I would be killed if I didn't.

"CAROLINE!" Someone shouted.

I turn around terrified that I might know this person. I felt a sudden relief flow through me as I noticed it was Nate. I don't know what happened to me, but I broke down into sobs. I felt his arms wrap around me. I didn't care that I was mad at this jerk, he practically saved my life. I push my face harder into his shirt and kept sobbing. Nate's hand had one hand on my waist rubbing slow circles over my shirt. The other hand was stroking my hair.

I was shaking so hard. It felt like I could just fall apart. Nate's comforting words were helping. I couldn't believe what that creep almost did to me!

"Shh, your okay. I promise. No one is going to hurt you. I promise." He says whispering in my ear and kisses the top of my head.

My body slowly stops shaking and my sobs get quieter. Nate raises his hand to the back of my legs and puts his other hand on my back. I didn't know what he was doing until he was carrying me to his car. I buried my head into his chest and try to match my breathing to his stable ones.