"I miss him so much."

Chapter 12:

Caroline’s POV 

I looked up at Nate and he looked down at me, something flared in his eyes, but I didn’t know what it was. I lowered my head back down to his chest. Why is he being so nice to me? I know he was a nice sometimes, but I would think that Jerks would just shove people away. I looked back up at him.

“Nate?” I asked softly.

“Yes, sweetheart?” He answered back.

“Are you going to do anything to that man?” I said getting goose bumps at the thought of him.

“Nope.” He said, and I could tell by his voice that he was lying.

I slapped his arm and said, “Liar.” 

He caught my hand and laced his fingers through mine. 

“Fine. If you see him again, I will kick his ass.” He said seriously.

I looked up at him wide eyed.

“Seriously?!” I about screamed, shocked.

“Why do you seem so shocked sweetheart?” He said curiously.

“Well. Uh. I’m just shocked that you would do that for me.” I said shakily.

“I would do anything for you.” Nate said looking into my eyes. 

I blushed and tried to hide my face into his chest. I heard him chuckle.

Nate’s POV

She was so cute when she blushed, I could help but laugh. I couldn’t believe that she was so shocked when she found out I would kick that pedophile’s ass. Why wouldn’t I? She doesn’t deserve any of this. I took my free hand and rubbed the back of her head, stroking her hair. I heard her sigh and smiled.

Caroline’s POV

I started thinking about my brother Ryan and what happened.

“Hey Nate, remember when I freaked out about you driving fast on your motorcycle?” I mumbled into his chest.

“Yeah?” He whispered into my hair. 

“Also, you know how I came to school and you knew I had been crying?” I asked.

“Yeah, why were you crying?” He said rubbing my hand.

“Can I trust you not to say anything? No one is supposed to know.” I said.

“Sweetheart, you can tell me anything. I won’t tell anyone, I promise.” He said seriously.