Amneisa: The Dark Descent - The Cradle is ready

*** I got bored. And when it says, "a hood that covered his entire face," think of the what the Dementors from Harry Potter looked like or a Grim ^_^ And I can't stress this enough when I say, this is a major SPOILER for the game Amnesia: The Dark Descent. So read at your own risk. If you've played the game, you know what this is :) and some of this writing is EXACTLY from the game. So I say, I do not own anything from Frictional Games, or Amnesia, this is just for entertainment. ***

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    The dungeons of Brennenburg Castle were filled with prisoners. They were said to commit unforgivable crimes, such as murder or kidnapping. It was midnight, the cold air seeping through the large windows from the large room. There where medium sized cells with rusty, yet strong enough metal bars with the people in them, awaiting their unnecessary torture. The walls and floors were made out of cobblestone or brick. They were dirty; the once beautifully clean stones are now yellow, covered with some moss, even a few bloodstains here and there. But the stains looked stretched, as if a mutilated body was dragged in and out of their cell multiple times.

    Many of the frightened prisoners were cowering in their cell corners, trying to cover their ears from the screams of agony and pain coming through the pipes that linked to the walls of their cells and the torture rooms. It went on for hours, until it finally ceased. The prisoners thought that soon, the person would be returned by the servants of Alexander of Brennenburg, but throughout their sleepless night, the body was never put back in their cell. The prisoners knew that they had finally killed this particular person, who was a kidnapper, and she was forced to endure an unimaginable amount of pain, just as they were.

    A few nights had passed by after that, and some of the prisoners were hoping that they could be released if they pleaded about their innocence long enough. Most of them were actually seeking death, so they will not have to go through torture anymore.

    One night, just after midnight, two men had come in, along with some of Alexander's servants. The one called Alexander, was in his normal attire, but the other man next to him, just a bit shorter, was wearing a jet black cloak, with a hood that shadowed his entire face. They walked down the cells as the frightened prisoners were attempting to hide in a dark corner, so that they won't be picked for the torture session. One man though, was angered, and yelled into the pipes every hour or so, that he was innocent. He couldn't stand the blinding pain he had to go through almost every day. He actually didn't quite know if he was tortured or not, but they scars and marks all over his body made it clear, plus the agonized shrieks coming from the pipes.

    He couldn't remember because after every torture session, he was forced to drink a strange liquid made from the Damascus rose oil, known as the Amnesia Potion. But he knew that he couldn't take it anymore. Infuriated, he went over to the bars of his cell and yelled at the two men walking by, directed at Alexander.

    "You're crazy, you know that?" he said through gritted teeth. "How can such a man do things like this? If you are even an actual human!" Alexander turned to the man next to him and they exchanged a few whispers. The prisoner had a strong feeling that the hooded figure next to him wasn't even a real human either, he had never even seen him, perhaps this was the one who will torture him. He spoke up again. "How much more, Baron?! How much more am I supposed to withstand? Kill me already - kill me!" he growled at them. Alexander turned to the four servants behind him.

   "This one, prepare him." he said. They nodded and unlocked the cell doors and seized the struggling man, even though all of his strength has been drained out of him the day he arrived there. The servants stunned him, put him in chains and brought him out of the cell. Alexander held up a hand for them to stop walking once they closed the cell door.