ErenKoru: Don't Blame Yourself (Dedicated to CrumpetsRGood4U)

For my writing senpai! I was pretty shy about writing romance, so everything I had was pretty vague and quick. But once I finally saw her works on wattpad, my confidence boosted. So here's a little fluffy-ish/cliché/dramatic/emotional drabble for you and Eren, Cole-chan!

By the way, if you have no idea who this is, then I suggest you go check out @CrumpetsRGood4U right now. Like seriously. Forget this, go right now.

    ~~~

    ErenKoru: Don't Blame Yourself.

.

.

.

    I promise I'll always be there for you.

    Cole knew that she nor anyone that has become a soilder is in the position to think that, let alone tell that to anyone. But what else could she do? Eren Jaeger, her long-time friend was slipping into depression. His will was stronger than anyone else's, his bravery was admirable. No matter how hopeless everything seemed, no matter how overpowering the enemy looked, he would go for it. Cole had admired him from the very beginning. But there was this pain that struck her the last time she saw Eren. Her heart had sunk to her toes and it felt like she had been punched in the stomach; it was so vivid and instant that she wanted to bend over and cry.

    She's seen Eren in pain before, many times. She's been in pain before, many times. Even their other friends Armin Arlert and Mikasa Ackerman have experienced something that has caused them pain. They all as a group shared common traits: They know the fear that Titans induce to one, they know the anxiety of being outside the walls...they know what it's like to lose family members and friends. But Eren is going through something different. Ever since they got back from their first expidition outside the walls, Eren hasn't been speaking to everyone as much, he's been skipping meals. Unless he had orders to be out, he would find a room to lock himself in and he wouldn't come out until someone found him.

    As Cole walked along the 50 Meter wall, her head turned to the recently rescued Trost district. All she could think about was Eren, and his condition the last time she saw him. It was when they met up upon returning from the Expedition outside the walls.

    She finally spotted the three people she had been looking everywhere for. "Mikasa! Eren! Armin!" She jogged over to them, heart racing at the fact that they're still alive.

    "Cole!" Armin called when he saw her. She caught up with them. "Thank god you're okay."

    "Same to you guys!" She tucked some of her short black hair, similar to Mikasa's without the strand between her eyes, behind her ears. She then noticed how injured Armin was. He had a bandage that had a large dark red blot staining almost all of it wrapped around his forehead. "Armin! Are you okay?!"

    He calmly brought his hand to the red patch on his forehead and laughed it away. "I'm fine, it just stings a little."

    Cole nodded, somewhat relived. "And Mikasa?"

    She didn't say anything at first, and it was then Cole noticed she was ushering the green-eyed boy by his shoulders herself. His jacket was off, his hair was a complete mess, and the scent wasn't too pleasant either. In fact...it was also familiar. She recognized the smell almost instantly, it was almost like the scent she noticed when she was face-to-face with a Titan while up in the trees, it's mouth wide open. A taller girl with dark brown hair-the one who was connected by the hip with Krista Lenz, had killed it before anything could happen, and she was greatful for that. Before Cole could even thank her, she walked away, and she still doesn't know her name. But the bottom line is, that's the rotten scent of the inside of a Titan's mouth. Only this one wasn't nearly as strong, and it wasn't mixed with blood at all.