𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

The rest of the week of camp followed a very similar suit for Mason and Sophia. They would flirt intensely over their morning smoothies; she would run him ragged on the pitch before sitting down for dinner at night and never leaving one another's eye line.

However, they hadn't found a moment to be truly alone again. With Mason rooming with Dec, he had found it hard to keep disappearing out. He had been dragged into many FIFA games and COD battles and he couldn't seem to find a good enough excuse to say no.

As for Sophia she had been busy focusing on her work, with the Euro's coming up next year, Southgate wanted them to have an idea of who they were likely to be taking soon, as well as who to look at that maybe hadn't been to St George's Park yet, just to cover their bases. She had been finding herself trawling through spreadsheets and documents produced by the various clubs on their potential England hopefuls, while compiling a set of documents for Gareth and the team to review on who seems to hold actual potential.

This didn't mean though that she hadn't thought about Mason. Even while she was sat in her office, reading through all the reports of the day her eyes flickered outside to the tree. The place they had shared that first proper spark and the place they shared their first kiss. He was constantly on her mind.

However, with the week drawing to a close and the teams all heading off for summer break soon, she knew she wouldn't be able to see him again for a while. But that didn't mean she was going to publicly go after him, she couldn't.

The team always did an end of camp night, and like last time round in March she found herself having to listen to Liam tell more stories about his latest celebrity spotting, claiming he saw AJ buying a Mars Bar in Watford Gap petrol station last week, which made Sophia roll her eyes once more.

She had gone to get another drink, picking up a bottle of beer, as she really couldn't be bothered to stand at the small bar and wait for her usual Vodka Lemonade, and drinking a sizeable glug.

"Having a good night?" asked Mason as he sidled up by the side of her.

"The best" she said as she rolled her eyes at him, both of them laughing slightly "how about you?"

"There has been some top quality bants" he remarked as she laughed even more.

His hand that was resting on the table between them moved closer to her side as his thumb lifted and brushed against her hip "but I'd much prefer to be spending time just with you" he admitted in a whisper into her ear.

He wasn't one for being soppy, he never was that type. But with the alcohol in his system and the fear that this would be the last time that he could see her properly before they went their separate ways for summer he thought it was best to tell her how he felt.

"I'd prefer to be with you too" she admitted smiling up at him as she bought her beer to her lips once more.

"Fancy getting out of here?" he remarked as she looked around at the people, she wasn't sure if they could just sneak out, I mean they had managed it in March, but would it really go unnoticed? However, as she looked properly at the group of people she could see that most of them were that drunk they probably wouldn't even know their own names let alone where they went.

"Yeah" she said as she looked around once more "meet me at my room in 5, wanna get out of these shoes and then we can go for a walk or something" she replied as he smiled at her.

"Sure thing babe" he said, it falling effortlessly from his tongue as he watched her turn around, head over towards her table, picking up her small bag and leaving out the main door.

Mason mingled about for a while, chatting away to a few people, making sure it didn't look weird that he left almost instantly after Sophia. He checked his phone seeing she had been gone for about 5 minutes so he thought it would be time to slip out.