Chapter 3: A Not-So-Saint

SAINT

I saw Becky with Heng backstage in the auditorium. They were laughing, causing me to smile too.

Becky is so perfect. Her vibrance and alluring presence. Everything about her is a masterpiece, causing me to fall for her even more.

I never told her about my feelings because I feared the consequences. What if she didn't like me? What if she'll get awkward after my confession? I don't want all of those to happen, so I stay still and wait for her to fall for me.

"Saint, how long have you been watching us, huh?" Heng chuckled and shook his head, and motioned me to come near them.

Becky's face brightened when she saw me, so I smiled and waved my hands.

"Congrats, Heng. You deserve it, though. Can I snatch Becky now?" I asked, making him laugh and nod.

"See you around, Becky." Heng waved before he went to the girls who continuously shrieked for him.

"Heng is so popular, isn't he? I was wondering if the other girls are killing me on their minds," Becky said as she kept shaking her head. "Anyways, let's go to Solaris Cafe. I heard they found the book I wanted to read."

"What book?" I asked.

"Montmorency."

My eyebrows furrowed, but I just followed her to the cafe.

Solaris Cafe is one of the famous cafes in AU because it has a mini library where you can read your favorite novel. Everybody loves visiting here because Freen is one of their VIPs. Some ordered to see Freen and read the same book she was reading. That's how popular she is.

"Thief, Liar, and Gentleman? This is your favorite book?" My eyes narrowed when she nodded and happily opened it.

I think I have seen that book before. I can't remember when, but I'm pretty sure I saw it before.

"Leave me alone, Heng! I don't need your explanation. I don't care about my standing, and I don't care if you won that quiz bee."

I heard Freen's voice from afar, causing Becky and me to look at the surroundings.

Freen was standing in front of the counter, yelling at Heng. He looked around and mouthed sorry to all the people they disturbed.

"What's happening?" Becky asked.

"Freen and Heng are fighting," I answered without looking at her.

Becky tried to come between them, but I pulled her and shook my head. People might think that she has feelings for Heng if she stops them.

"Freen is a cold-blooded girl, so don't come near her, Becca. She's dangerous."

"I like her, Saint. Dangerous or not, I'll still like her."

My hands turned to fists after hearing those words. What did Freen do, and why does Becca is so into her? Did she somehow seduced her while I was away?

After bringing Becca home, I hurriedly drove to Freen's residence. When I opened the front door, she wasn't in the living room, so I immediately went to her room but she wasn't there.

"What do you think you're doing, Saint?" A cold deep voice stopped me from entering the bedroom next to Freen's. It was her father.

"Where's your daughter?" I asked.

"How often do I have to tell you that I don't know her whereabouts? Can't you call her?"

I heaved a sigh.

"I thought you loved her daughter so much? You should know at least her whereabouts. What if something happened to her?" I asked again.

"I trust her," he answered.

I scoffed at what he said.

"Tell your daughter that she should stay away from my girl," I said with finality in my voice.

"I don't like her anyway. Is it my fault she kept stalking me?" It was Freen, entering from the front door. "Oh, I forgot. She's not yet your girl, Saint. What if-"

"Don't touch her, Freen. I already gave everything to you. Please, leave her to me."

Freen sat on the couch, crossed her legs, and leaned her chin upon her cheek.

"I'll think about it."