Chapter 17: Confused

FREEN

I never expected this to happen. A night with Becky was so primal and real.

"Good morning," she greeted me the moment she opened her eyes.

I looked at her and watched her sleep for a while ago, but until now I couldn't get enough of her beautiful face. I wanted to cup her face and shower her with kisses, but that would be a sin.

I'm a sinner ever since I kissed her lips for the first time, and now she had a boyfriend, I still spent a night with her.

"Sorry," I mumbled. "I couldn't stop myself last night."

"It's fine. I like it. I like what happened, so you don't have to say sorry, babe."

I looked at her smiling eyes. How could she smile like that knowing that she was having an affair with her boyfriend's twin sister? I forgot. She didn't know.

"Go home, your boyfriend must be worried." I turned my back on her, but I was startled when she snaked her arms around my waist. She was hugging me from behind. She leaned her head on the side of my head and gently kissed my shoulder.

"Let's have breakfast." Becky tried to stand up, but I pulled her back on the bed, then cuddled with her.

I wanted to stay like this forever. I felt safe in her arms and the heat coming from her body gave me comfort.

Becky caressed my hair while looking at the ceiling.

"I can be your other woman, Becky. I'm willing to be your number two." I muttered.

"You don't hate me now?" she asked as she chuckled.

"I still do. The other day you told me you like me, then yesterday you confessed you have a boyfriend. What's the truth, Becky?" I looked up at her.

Becky kissed my forehead. "I love you, and I always do. My parents told me to date, Saint. I can't disobey them, but I told them that I'll try. If this won't work out then I'll break up with him." She kissed the tip of my nose. "Give me one week, Freen. I'll end things with him in a week."

I nodded and continued to cuddle with her. It took an hour before we decided to take a bath together and cook breakfast.

"Who's the guy yesterday? The one who knocked on your door while we were doing you know?" Becca asked and took a small bite of her toast.

"My dad," I answered.

"Do you hate your dad?" she asked.

I do. After what she did to mom, mom was also like him. She has another family that my dad didn't know. My father took all the blame because he loved my mother so much. He told me that the rumor about him, and Becca's mother was a misunderstanding. They were lovers before, and my mom said that he was having an affair just because they saw each other. The only thing I hate about him was she saved my mom from the hate she deserved.

"Yes," I answered again.

I didn't want to talk about it since Becca was also hurting. I didn't want to be the reason why she had a broken family, so I used my connections to find her dad. When I found him, Saint went to him and talk. We convinced him to reconcile with Becca's mom and we succeed.

"Don't worry. I'm not mad at your father anymore. I'm happy that Saint convinced my father to go back to us. We can live happily again."

There he goes again. Taking all the credits. Saint didn't do anything. I did all the work, but it's fine. I was used to it.

"After this where you'd wanna go?" I asked.

"Wait," she cut me off and went to the sofa where her bag was, and took out a folder. "Miss Saelim gave me this yesterday, she said we need to finish this."

I opened the folder and it contained different pictures of Becky in oil paint.

"Have you seen all of this?" I asked.

Becky shook her head and tried to peek, but I hid it.

"This is not a project, these are my artworks." I lied.

These pictures were made by the murderer. I haven't found out his name yet and our teachers didn't want to tell us. They knew my capability and were afraid that I might do something to him.

I asked Ms. Saelim to confiscate these, but I forgot to get them from her yesterday. Thankfully, Becky didn't open it.

"Let's go somewhere. I'll take you to my special place." I grabbed her hands.

We were about to head to my room when someone entered. It was Saint, he has a box of cake in his hand.

"Freen, I brought-" He was startled to see me with Becky in my dining area, especially when we were only wearing silk robes.

"Thanks, but I don't have a fever anymore. Thanks to Becky, who stayed for the night." I snatched the cake from his hands, but he was only looking at her girlfriend.

A grin escaped from my lips.

How does it feel, Saint? How does it feel to steal someone who belongs to you?

"Why are you here, Saint?" Becky asked.

"I heard Freen has a fever, so her father asked me to bring her a cake."

"But she doesn't like cake, am I right?" Becky turned to me.

"I asked him to buy me. I'm going to give this to Nam. For the success of her business. Let's go there."

Becky stood up confused but still followed me to change clothes.