Chapter 27: Rage

BECCA

"Make sure that Mr. Park signs this, okay? I need this tomorrow." I explain carefully to my secretary what she needs to do before she goes home.

"Miss, what about the last project Mr. Sam proposed? Aren't you going to accept? You told me that it was a good idea." She asks.

"Saint doesn't want that, and I respect his decision."

She nods at my answer.

"By the way, miss. Miss Freen is in the lobby waiting for you. Should I call her to go here?" she asks again.

"Why is she here? Does she need something?" I ask back.

"She told us a while not to bother you. She'll wait there."

"I'll go there, and you must finish the task I gave you until tomorrow."

My secretary nods and leaves the office. I look at the mirror and fix the creases on my blouse. I put lipstick on and comb my long wavy hair.

I go to the lobby wearing a simple white polo and denim pants paired with white Gucci ace leather sneakers.

"Freen? What brings you here?" I ask when I see her sitting on one of the couches while sipping a cup of tea.

"Becky, you're here. I came to give this brochure. We can pick the venue for our wedding, but if you're busy, I can return next week."

"No, it's okay. Let's go to my office. We'll talk about this," I say and motion her to follow me. She gladly follows until we reach my private office– where no one can enter except me.

This is my place every time I feel depressed. I don't want others to see me while breaking down, so I asked my father if he could build this for me.

"Sit," I prompt. "Let me see the venues." I scan the brochures, and nothing catches my attention. It's all garden and beach weddings. I want something unique.

"What can you say?" she asks.

"What about in George Peabody Library? Saint and I love to read books. Also, you were a bookworm before, don't you remember?" I ask, and she shakes her head.

"I don't like reading books, but Heng does. I will consult your suggestion to him. Let's talk about the dress." Freen hands me different designs from different designers. It's exquisite, and I'm okay with those.

"I like this one," I say, then show her the off-shoulder a-line wedding gown. "What about you?" I ask her, but she is busy looking at the dresses.

"You look pretty in that dress," she compliments and smiles at me. "I like this too, but no straps."

I look at the other dresses, but I can't help but peek at her amazed expression. She looks so happy while choosing her dream gown. I bet she's looking forward to the wedding.

"Are you that excited?" I ask as I lean on the couch.

"Yes. I dreamt last night. I was walking down the aisle, marrying the person I love. I couldn't see his face, but I knew it was Heng. It was confusing, though; he's wearing a gown." She laughs and shakes her head.

"Heng was wearing a gown in your dream?" I chuckle. "Maybe it wasn't Heng." I tease. I stand up and sit beside her.

"What do you mean?" she asks innocently.

I tuck the hair behind her ears and gently caress her cheek. Her face is so flawless that I want to touch it for an hour.

"Are you sure it was Heng?" I tease again, but this time with a seductive voice.

Freen grasp on the folder she's holding when my touch goes down to her neck. She swallows and tries to look around, but I lift her chin and make her face me.

"Are you trying to resist?" I lift an eyebrow, waiting for an answer.

"What do you want, Becky?" she asks, and I can hear the nervousness in her voice.

Freen tries to remove my hand, but I'm too strong enough to pin her on the couch. I am on top of her while she's lying down uncomfortably.

"Are you sure you don't remember me?" I ask again. I lean closer, but she looks to the other side so our lips won't touch. "Then I'll make you remember me."

I stand up and take all the folders and brochures on the table, then put them in a safe place. I turn to Freen, who has a pale face now. I don't know if she's blushing or what, but I don't care.

"Why are you doing this, Becca? Are you mad at Saint, so you're venting it out on me?" She appears to be on the verge of a breakdown. "I told you if I did something before, I'm sorry. I don't know what it was, but I apologize for it. Are you happy now?"

"No."

"Then what do you want?"

"You! I want you, Freen!" There, I finally say it.

I want you to fall for me, too, so that I can break your heart. I want you to feel the pain, sorrow, and emptiness. I want you to cry in front of me and beg me not to leave you.

"Let's continue tomorrow. You're tired," she says before leaving me in the office.

I won't stop until I get my revenge. Remember that, Freen. I won't let you be happy.