Chapter 30: Secret Affair

BECCA

"Are you sure about this?" I ask Saint when I see the suit he likes.

It is a charcoal gray suit with narrow lapels, pick-stitching, a two-button closure, and double vents and is made from Italian wool. It's too simple if I pair it with my wedding dress.

"Becca, can you help me here?" Freen shouts.

"Go ahead," Saint says and motions for me to go.

Today, we're measuring Freen and Saint's sizes. They have the same designer.

"Can you do me up?" she puts aside her hair for me to see the back of her gown, but it's a backless type of gown.

I squint at her, making her giggle. She turns to kiss my lips, then caresses my cheek to lean for another kiss. She can't get enough, so she lifts my chin and bites my lower lip. I'm just standing here, letting her do what she wants.

"Are you happy now?" I ask, and she shakes her head. "My soon-to-be husband is outside, Freen."

I'm about to leave the fitting room when she suddenly grabs my hand.

"Can't you leave him for ten minutes? We'll make it quick," she says and draws a circle on my palm. "Please?"

I don't know what she's trying to imply, so I nod an answer. She immediately grabs my waist and pins me on the wall. Freen is so gentle that she doesn't make a sound for Saint to notice. She then traces my lower lip with her thumb and bites it, making me moan. It doesn't sting like years ago in the storage room. Her lips are so soft every time it bites mine. We move in sync to completely devour each other's mouths, but I'm the one to succumb and gasp for air.

"That's enough, Freen. I have to go," I say.

She looks at my neck one last time.

"Where's the mark?" she asks with a shallow voice.

"I put concealer on it. Nam almost caught us yesterday," I answer and leave her before Saint notices I'm not around for so long.

"What took you so long?" Saint asks. He's sitting on a couch now while waiting for the boutique associate.

"I help Freen to wear her gown. It's fine now," I answer and sit beside him.

"Are things going well?" he asks.

"Yes, it's funny how I'm already planning our marriage, but you still don't want to propose. Should I get down my one knee and ask you to marry me?" I tease, and he smiles at me. Saint gently messes my hair, making me pout and shove his hand away.

"I want it to be extra special," he says, then plants a delicate kiss. He smells my neck and lifts his brows. "You change perfume? This smell is familiar."

"Are you guys finished?" Freen walks toward us with a cup of coffee in her hand. She sips on it and smiles at us.

Saint turns to me and walks to Freen to smell her perfume, and he sighs.

"What are you doing? Do you want my perfume?" Freen asks with furrowed eyebrows, and Saint shakes his head.

"I thought you and Becca had the same smell. Sorry." Saint bows a bit and goes back to his seat– beside me.

I'm about to stand after seeing the sales lady, but Saint pulls me back to sit. He motions for the sales lady to come near us. He doesn't want to let go of our intertwined hands. Freen is looking at our hands intently and slowly avoids my gaze when I look at her.

Is she jealous?

"Where's the bride and the groom?" I cracked up at the sales lady's words, causing them to look at me.

"They are twins," I correct.

"Sorry, ma'am, you two don't look alike." She looks down and hands us the portfolio containing other suits and dress sketches.

"I'll go with the charcoal gray one. How about you, Freen?" Saint asks his twin.

"I'd like to choose. Can I borrow this for a second?" Freen takes the portfolio and scans every design.

Freen is talented. If only she didn't have amnesia, she would sketch her wedding dress.

"I'm looking for something exquisite. From silhouette to straps." Freen looks up to think. She asks the sales lady to give her a pen and a clean piece of paper and starts to draw.

People around us are amazed at what she is doing. Saint's lips move when he sees the design. It's extravagant. Freen notes that it should be made of natural diamonds and fine wool. The estimated cost is more than $15 million.

"That's gorgeous. Can you design one for my bride, Freen?" Saint says while still looking at the sketch.

Freen turns to me with a blank expression and looks at our hand. I remove it, causing her to chuckle.

"Your suit is too simple for an elegant wedding dress, Saint. If you want, I will design all our dresses."

"I agree. What about you, Becca?" Saint turns to me and holds my hand again.

"It's fine. As long as Freen will design my wedding dress." I smile at them, and they nod.

While Freen is busy sketching, someone calls Saint's phone, so he excuses himself for a minute. I sit beside Freen and snake my hands around her waist, and gently caress her side.

"You're distracting me," she warns, but I don't remove my hand. "Becca, I'm trying to focus here."

I pout before removing my hands. I hear her sigh before placing a quick kiss on my lips.

"Don't sulk. I need to finish this." She diverts her attention to the sketch and ignores me again.

"Aren't we going to cancel the wedding?" I ask.

Freen looks at me suspiciously. "Why? Do you want to marry me?" she asks back.

"Can I?"