.02

Veasyra, now three was in the nursery with Aemond and Helena. She and Helena were being read to by the septa about the etiquette of young ladies in court, how to act around the nobles, how to present themselves, and how to have a husband.

Helena was present in the lesson having been banned from bringing insects to lessons, however Syra, a nickname her uncle daemon has started calling her in the letters between her mother and him, was listening elsewhere.

Her uncle Aemond was on the other side of the room being read to about wars and dragons, which interested Syra much more then how to be a lady. She slowly stood up trying to sneak over, but was almost instantly caught and told to sit back down. So, she sat and listened from afar wishing she could get up and ask all the questions she had about the topic.

After lessons, which lasted from noon after lunch to mid afternoon, she sought out her mother. She was quite a ways from her mothers chambers when she ran into the queen.

"Where are you off to my darling?" The queen courted.

"To mothers chamber."

"Why don't we go for a walk while you're out." She offered. As they walked Syra was confused. She always heard of her mothers dislike for the queen, though Syra has never seen the reasoning, but Syra loves her. Alicent has never been anything but nice to Syra.

Alicent looked down at the young girl, seeing glimpses of her childhood companion in almost everything she did. From the way she looked at the flowers, to seeing the sun golden in her locks. She could feel her heart clench in nostalgia and jealousy that this young girl was so much like her mother. Alicent felt protective over her and saddened that she couldn't talk to Rhaenyra about everything under the moon about her.

A few years ago, on her first name day, Syra was being sent multiple proposals for marriage. It saddened Alicent and made her feel protective for the first time over her. She dismissed them all before Rhaenyra had the chance.

By the time Alicent let Syra get away to her mother is was supper time. They all gathered in the dining hall, it was one of those rare occasions when the king was up for leaving his quarters to make it to dinner, so all the members of the family were present. Any other night they'd dine separately, Alicent and her children and Rhaenyra and her children were all gathered. It was an odd sight to see.

A/n: This is what I'm imagining as baby Syra

I found it on Pinterest while trying to find inspo for the character and I thought it fit

I found it on Pinterest while trying to find inspo for the character and I thought it fit. Also I'm not good with dialogue so bare with me on that too lol I'm learning as I go so it may be rocky. I have a whole mood board type thing for the story so I hope that'll make me want to write more. Anywaysss bye for now
-A
Word count: 550