.12

Dragonstone, 126 AC

With all the training I've been doing there hasn't been much time to visit Starflame. He's been free to fly about the island which I know he loves. He plays with Vermax and Arraxes, along with hunting with Caraxes and Sheepstealer.

The drgaonkeppers also informed me that he's been spotted around a large cave on the end of the island. They told me to beware of taking him over there too often for a dragon that resides there is harmful. I know Starflame can handle himself and flee if need be, I also have this feeling that it's not as harmful as they may think.

I finally got time to visit him which he was pleased with. He flapped his wings and gusts of wind attacked my hair. I giggled and calmed him down, as I got onto his saddle I noticed he was starting to grow out of it. This was his second saddle, the first one he grew out of quite quick. Within the first three fortnights we were on Dragonstone he needed a new one. And it hasn't been but two more since he's gotten his new one. He's growing at a rapid pace.

As we took to the sky I let him direct the course, he knows the ways of Dragonstone now and would never put me in danger. He flew directly to the cave the dragon keepers told me of. My heart quicken when he walked with me on his back into the cave. I had unfastened myself as he came to a stop.

He looked at me pointedly then to the depths of the cave, almost eager for me to see what's inside. As I walked more I heard breathing, and all of a sudden flames burst out of an onyx dragons mouth lighting up the cave. I shuffled back into the comforts of my dragon but he nudged me with his nose.

The cave wasn't completely dark so I could make out the silhouette of the beast. I couldn't figure out which dragon this was at first but when I laid my eyes on his green ones, I knew. The cannibal. I wasn't scared, surprisingly, I knew if he wanted to kill me already I'd be dead.

I walked closer to him and spoke, "rytsas, cannibal, lykirī." Hello, Cannibal, calm.

He seemed to understand my words and relaxed a bit. I moved close and he put his head down for me to touch. As I placed my hand on his nose his eyes closed and Starflame screeched excitedly. Cannibal turned slowly and lowered a wing for me to climb on, he didn't have a saddle so I had to hold onto his horns tightly for security.

Starflame retreated from the cave to allow Cannibal to exit as well. When he didn't he instantly took to the sky. I tried to guide him toward the castle and he allowed it. I already felt a deep connection to him, it was odd. I'd never heard of someone claiming more than one dragon. What if Starflame's bond with me starts to fade?

I hear a horn blow, bringing me from my thoughts. It was the horn dragon keepers sound when danger is around. They must think Cannibal is trying to attack. I land in front of the castle and see everyone out there looking for the threat. When I meet eyes with my father, he smiles brightly. Everyone else, except for Meagor, looked scared. I have two dragons now.

As I get off of Cannibal I tell him to stay with Starflame and to stay out of trouble. I sound like a mother to her children. I leave them and they fly away soon after I connect with my family. Once I get to them my mother brings me in for a hug.

Since our arrival at Dragonstone she's tried to better our relationship, I see the love and good intentions she has and welcome it. I miss how our relationship was before and want to return to that as much as possible. Next my father embraces me congratulating me on my accomplishment, Meagor does the same.

I didn't even look at my younger siblings, if I did I would have seen horrified expressions. To everyone around, Cannibal is a scary creature but I believe he isn't actually horrible. He's misunderstood, he didn't kill all of those dragons or eat those eggs. He was blamed for something he didn't do.

Dinner was very entertaining, they all wanted to hear the story of how I did it. I explained every detail and they enjoyed it all. This was the first time we've had a real family dinner in a while. It was refreshing, it made me believe we could be whole again.

After dinner I returned to my chambers and started writing another letter to Aemond. We had been exchanging letters often, I had a box with all of his letters on my vanity and would read them from time to time when I felt alone. They always made me feel like he was here with me.

I planned to tell him of my adventure of the day along with the other things going on in my life. Even the boring things I did day to day, I wanted him to know. Anything I could I would write to him about.

Aemond,

You will not believe what I have done. I was on a ride with Starflame, the first one in awhile as I have been busy with training. Which is going quite well, Meagor says I'm improving fast. And we went to this cave.

It was dark and wet and when I got off Starflame's back flames erupted. I saw a dragon of black and piercing green eyes. It was the Cannibal. He was mesmerizing and he wasn't as bad as everyone says he is. He calmed down after a bit and bonded with me. He let me ride him and father was so proud.

It was amazing Aemond. I didn't know anyone could claim more than one dragon. I hope this doesn't change mine and Starflame's bond. They seem to like each other and they even play together too. Who would've thought? The infamous Cannibal playing with a young dragon.If you'd have seen it you would've laughed so hard. They are adorable together.

Other than that nothing very interesting is going on. As I briefly said my training is going well. We've finished perfecting my offensive skills and now we're starting non my defensive skills, how to strike first and catch my opponent off guard. How are your lessons fairing? I'm sure you are excelling well. You'll be an amazing swordsman soon I can just tell.

I'm reading this book on dragonfyre and how they say dragons are immune to fire. They also say a true dragon rider would be immune as well. I think that's a tale but it's interesting to think about. I'll leave you with that and hope your days are going well and you aren't stressed much.

-VT

How big I imagine Cannibal

How big I imagine Cannibal. Also should I rename him. I'm reading a story where she renames him and idk if I should as well. I like the name Cannibal so I'll probably keep it but if y'all have any input I'd love to hear. Also let me know if any mistakes I've made. That's all for now.
-word count 1.2k