.05

Veasyra was never very close to ser Harwin strong, but her brothers were. They believed he was their real dad, so did all of court. But she never saw herself in him so she never accepted that. So when it was decided he was to leave court and her whole family was devastated she didn't waste a breath on it.

To her, he was just her mothers swordsman, someone who was supposed to protect her and the children. So when she heard of his death she wasn't that effected, she hugged her brothers while they cried and she didn't she'd a tear.

Days later it was told to her that her aunt Laena had passed, now that made her cry. Her aunt that she never met, only heard great stories of, had died. She instantly thought of what her uncle Daemon and her cousins, Baela and Rhaena, must be feeling. She knew she'd be upset about it. But she still stayed strong. She was old enough to know that appearance mattered. A lot has changed since she was five or since. Now not only was she a woman now having bled a few months after her eleventh nameday but she was also a princess. And as a princess she always had eyes on her, people judging her by every move she makes. Knowing this, she's learned to not show how she really feels in front of anyone.

She walked into the library a bit wary than any other time. A few days ago the boys, Aegon jace and Luke, pulled a prank on Aemond. Prank is a light word to use. When Syra was told what happened, having not been there since her and Helena had dragon lessons separate from the boys, she was furious. She thought she taught her brothers differently, to not treat people differently because of what they didn't have. But somehow she failed as a big sister and she was disappointed in not only them but herself. She was trying to force them to apologize but they refused.

Veasyra's POV

i haven't had a chance to see Aemond since then, so as I walked into the library I was slightly nervous for him to be in there. Yes, Aemond and I were close but we've slowly started to drift with him being rude to my brothers since they would pick on him with Aegon. It hurt me that it was their fault but I didn't blame them or Aemond. As I walked in I saw him hunched over a book not even bothered to look up.

"What do you want?" He said sensing you walking up to him.

"A book, i mean that's what a library is for." I didn't mean to have that much attitude but it just slipped.

"Then you should be walking to the shelves not me." He countered.

"I also wanted to apologize for my brothers behavior. It was rude and i berated them for hours I swear."

"It's fine I'm not bothered." He quipped trying not to sound bothered.

"I know you Aemond, you're not fine and that's okay."

"Look I don't know what you wnat me to say but I'm fine okay!" He stated trying to convince himself more than me.

"You can say that to soothe yourself but I see through it."

Silence

"Look if it was me I'd want to punch them all and probably cry-" he cut me off. "Yea well you're just a girl so you get to cry I'm a man I don't get to! Nor do I want to."

I sighed in defeat and just dropped it. Walking over to the self with all the great dragon riders, picking up a book on Vhagar, walking back over to Aemond claimed table and sitting across from him. He didn't acknowledge me nor did I. We just sat in silence and read our respective books. It was calm. I knew he wouldn't talk but I didn't want him to be alone. I wouldn't want to, so I wouldn't let him, even if he was pissy about it.

A/n: all these first chapters are pretty small, 500/600 words but I feel like once we get into older Syra we'll have longer ones. Anyways here ya go guys hope you enjoyed lol not much but her and Aemond a bit. I'm trying to think of scenarios for them to have more chemistry and all that. Also meeting daemon soon.. AND Maegor ahhh so exciteddd!!