.30

"Wake up." I was in between being asleep and awake, hearing a voice call me from my sleep. The light was coming in from the slightly open curtains making the back of my eyelids red. "Syra, please wake up" The voice was more clear, familiar. It took me a second to process who exactly it was. When I did I shot up opening my eyes. I scanned my room and realized I was alone. It couldn't be, he couldn't be here talking to me. I rolled over and looked under my bed, nothing. Why am I hearing him?

I couldn't shake off the feeling of being watched all day. Every corner I turned I felt like i was going to come face to face with him, every time I climbed stairs it was like someone was walking directly behind me. I was going mad. I had to be, it was the only answer. I obviously couldn't tell anyone. They'd lock me up and label me insane. Even Daemon would look at me differently, mother would be terrified, and Jace would simply say 'I told you so'. He's been saying I was mad since I was a child.

I went about my day trying to be as normal as possible, talking to the servants as I always do, going to meetings and planning an upcoming war. Seeing my dragons and riding Vermithor, my newest mount. I need to get closer to him, create a stronger bond so i can command him from afar. I already have those bonds with Starflame and Cannibal, if I'm on one I can still communicate with the other. If it comes to it I'll end up riding Vermithor while giving the other two commands, though I'd rather be on Starflame. He's the youngest and I don't want him to go through this on his own, he wouldn't know what to do and it would break me if something happened to him.

In all my efforts of distracting myself from this presence, it worked. Occupying my brain and not thinking about it, but now when I'm alone in my chambers at the end of the day. It's back. It's like this heavy blanket of distress, I was washed over with this eerie feeling. I was being watched, and at first it was scary. But as I get more used to it, I feel protected like it was watching over me rather than watching me.

I went to bed feeling much better than I did waking up, feeling a sense of calmness and protection. He's my guardian angel, keeping a watchful eye on me making sure I'm okay. Most likely doing the same for the rest of the family. Doing what he did when he was alive, making sure everyone was okay over himself. He was being the same sweet boy he was in life. He was being my little Luke.

Probably the shortest chapter I've put out of this story. I'm so sorry the updates have been so short lately, and very sparse. I haven't had any ideas that have actually been something I'd want to put out. But this chapter was something i wanted to add. Luke being around them even in death just looking out for them was such a sweet idea and just fits so well. Plus I just miss little Luke sooo much. :( Anyways i hope you enjoyed this little chapter!
-A<3