.15

Winterfell, 128 AC

As promised me and Cregan rode to the Godswood, I wore a red cloak the stuck out in the white snow. We rode on two pitch black mares and made light conversation on the way. I've learned quite a bit about him and how it is living in Winterfell, it's all very interesting.

I've told him of myself and the upbringing in Kings Landing, also of Aemond and how close we are. He got quite silent once that conversation ended. We arrived and dismounted our horses, tying them to a nearby tree before making our way to the giant gods tree. It was all I thought it would be, from reading of it I imagined it a bit bigger and thought the face on it would be more prominent, but it was a sight either way.

We spent a few hours out there, having a picnic for lunch and telling stories of our childhood. It felt like we've known each other for years and were just catching up. After a while, I started to feel the effects of the cold through my layers and we decided to make our way back. We took a different route than before so we arrived back quicker.

We parted ways once I say my father and Meagor talking. "You cannot be that stupid, how do you think this'll effect Syra. She'll be without a handmaiden and a sworn sword." Daemon whisper yelled.

I over heard it but didn't make it obvious as I approached. They grew silent once Meagor noticed me, before he could respond to our father. "Hello sister, how was your trip to the Godswood?" He faked a smiled.

"Delightful, how about you escort me to my chambers and I'll tell you on the way?"

"Well we weren't finished with our discussion, my dear" Daemon interrupted.

"But he's my sworn sword. He should accompany me, right father?"

He huffed in agreement. "Yes I suppose." As we walked away Meagor let out a sigh of relief.

"Father found out about you two. Didn't he?" I looked up at him as we got to my chambers.

"Yes he did, he's livid. Says I've disappointed him and you. That I should stop it at once before I ruin it all. He's right."

"No he's not! You haven't disappointed me and this isn't going to ruin anything."

He scoffed, "You are always seeing the light not the truth sister."

"When I become queen, you will be granted the Targaryen name. And Sandra will be my lady. Free to marry high lords, such as yourself. All will be good." I sounded years beyond my age and he looked down at me proud. I didn't wait for his response and walked into my chambers. I didn't know what else to do for the rest of the day so I just read.

Continuing my book of the dragonfrye, more like rereading it. I had so many questions about it so I figured reading back through I'd get more information. The blood of Valyria is immune to that of fire. It's said that true Valyrians can withstand the heat of a thousand flames.

I don't know what came over me but as I looked up from the book I saw the fire burning in the mantle and was drawn to it. I started to walk closer in a trance and went out to reach for it. "We're leaving in the mor- SYRA!" Meagor burst into my room. "Why are you so close to the fire? You'll burn!" He knocked me out of my trance and yanked me away before I could reach it.

"I was just cold, didn't realize I was that close." I don't know why I was so close, what made me think I could actually touch the fire? It was like there was a little voice telling me I could do it. "What were you saying though?" I changed the subject.

"We're leaving on the morrow for home. It's far too cold her and Rhaenyra is almost in her third phase of pregnancy." Mother was pregnant with her and daemons first babe together. I was hoping for a girl but didn't have high hopes.

"Oh. Well can't I stay? We just arrived."

"Father doesn't want to leave you alone. Plus you can still write to Cregan, as you do with Aemond." He was trying to be hopeful, but I could see he still wasn't sure of Cregan quite yet. After he left I started packing with and then went to sleep. Still thinking about dragonfyre and if I was immune or not. I'd have to figure out some other time. Im not sure what my fascination is with it but something's telling me that I can do it.

Short chapter since last chapter was pretty lengthy

Short chapter since last chapter was pretty lengthy. Also thinking about doing an Aemond pov next chapter since we told him about Cregan, also found out me and Ewan Mitchell have the same birthday 😶 SHOCKED. Anyways here's this tiny chapter hope y'all enjoy!!
Word count: 850
-A