77- Summoned

"Sato." I opened my eyes to see Kyo's orange eyes staring at me from above. "Wake up lazy ass. Damn dog's been calling you downstairs for the last half hour."

"Woah- good morning to you too." I smiled, pushing his face out of the way to make room to move. "What's he want?"

Kyo sighed, looking over his shoulder at the door. "Hatori's here."

At this time of day? "It's noon." I sighed. "Tell them I'll be down in a little bit."

"Got it." He nodded, heading for the door. "Just to let you know- It sounds serious. Be safe." He added on, letting the door shut behind him.

I frowned, sitting up in place. "What?" I sighed, running a hand down my face. I actually hadn't heard much from Hatori since New Years. Every time I'd show up he was away on business, so to show up like this after a dry spell was a bit strange.

I got up, making my way to the door. Downstairs I could hear Shigure speaking loudly, a startled air to his voice.

"That's-" He started, his voice low. "Sato isn't going to be happy."

"Oh god." I muttered, hanging my head. Whatever Shigure was talking about, was not worth waking up for, I'm sure. "Whatever." I made my way downstairs, tiptoeing quietly to the doorway.

"Well, yes. However, we have to keep an eye on her." Hatori said, turning his head towards the door. "You aren't exactly quiet, Sato. Come in here please."

"Hi Ha-chan. It's nice to see you." I began, starting over to him. "It's been quite a while, what's up?"

"Sato!" He smiled, and that familiar warmth of Ha-chan filled my chest. "It's good to see you. My apologies for not coming to see you sooner. Akito has been a bit under the weather this month, and it wasn't clearing up."

"Good." I mumbled, and he shot me a look.

"I came here to talk to you. It's not for the faint of heart, but I think you can handle it." He started, stepping up beside Shigure so they were both in my vision.

"What is it?" My heart was beating hard now, and I looked around the room for Kyo. He wasn't anywhere to be seen. Neither were Tohru or Yuki... "Where is everyone?"

"Well-" Shigure started, his eyes turning serious as he looked at me.

"I asked them to leave the house, Sato. Akito wants to meet with you. One on One." Hatori looked at me, his eyes dark and solemn. "I'm sorry."

"What?" The last time Akito and I saw each other was the beach house, when they attacked Tohru and Momiji. Also knowing that I stepped in on them before they could hurt anyone else- could only mean one thing. "They're gonna try and hurt me, aren't they. What exactly are they going to do with me?" I asked, hoping my voice wouldn't break.

Hatori let out a deep sigh, his shoulders falling a little bit. "I've been summoned as well, if their conversation doesn't go as they plan, I'm to erase your memories of our entire family."

"You're kidding me." I gasped. "Is this because of the Beach house?"

"No, unfortunately." Hatori shook his head. "It's for assisting Isuzu in her search mainly, however, I think they're afraid of Tohru specifically."

"No way." I shook my head. "They didn't ask Tohru or Rin for a meeting, did they?"

"Not that I'm aware. I've been directed to collect you today. I know it's really sudden but-"

"I'll go." I stated. "I've faced them before, I think I can do it again.."

"You're visibly shaking- Sato." Shigure pointed out, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I wish there was a way around this, I really do. But-" Hatori paused, his hand moving to his eyes. "I can't make the same mistake twice."

I bit my lip, upset that I was making the two men so worried. "I'm scared." I said, smiling softly. "But I'm gonna go, if only to keep Tohru and Rin safe."