I.

My palms sweat nervously as I stood facing the mirror. My hair looked nice, for the first time in forever. My stomach growled, I couldn't tell if it was my nerves or my hunger. I shakily buttoned my white dress shirt. The room was spinning, and I felt I was nearly going to faint.

Rushing to the toilet, I threw up whatever was left in my stomach. I was super lightheaded and nauseous. Nerves.

"Ms.Moore? Recess is over in 1 minute." I heard from the door before it loudly shut again.

I gathered myself and rinsed my mouth out carefully with water and mouthwash that I carried around with me, since throwing up was something I did often, before walking out of the restroom. My hands trailed down my black pencil skirt nervously as I made my way back into the court room.

All eyes were on me as I walked down the long aisle. People whispered things and pointed at me, but I ignored.

I took my seat beside my lawyer, looking down at the papers in front of me. My palms were so wet that I shook them under the table to air them out. My leg repeatedly bouncing under the table, as well.

"Relax. You're going to be good." She assured me. I wasn't trying to hear that right now.

"Can I please have Ms.Na'mya Moore to the stand?" The judge's voice echoed, breaking me from my daze.

Sighing, I stood up and pulled down my skirt. I couldn't hear anything. The room was loud, but mentally quiet.

I took a seat at the stand, faced with hundreds of judgmental faces.

"Tell me, Ms.Moore..." The judge started as I looked straight forward.

"What happened in Ridgedale Heights?"...

A single tear trailed down my face.

"Ride or die, bitch."

"I'm here...I promise."

"It's us 4 against the world, fuck the rest."

"Blood over anything."

"Bout you, I'll kill everyone."

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵