45.

𝒩𝒶'𝓂𝓎𝒶 𝒦𝑒𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒾 𝑀𝑜𝑜𝓇𝑒...26
𝐵𝓇𝑜𝓃𝓍, 𝒩𝑒𝓌 𝒴𝑜𝓇𝓀
2 years later...

My palms sweat nervously as I stood facing the mirror.
My hair looked nice, for the first time in forever. My stomach growled, I couldn't tell if it was my nerves or my hunger. I shakily buttoned my white dress shirt. The room was spinning, and I felt I was nearly going to faint.

Rushing to the toilet, I threw up whatever was left in my stomach. I was super lightheaded and nauseous. Nerves.

"Ms.Moore? Recess is over in 1 minute." I heard from the door before it loudly shut again.

I gathered myself and rinsed my mouth out carefully with water and mouthwash that I carried around with me, since throwing up was something I did often, before walking out of the restroom. My hands trailed down my black pencil skirt nervously as I made my way back into the court room.

All eyes were on me as I walked down the long aisle. People whispered things and pointed at me, but I ignored.

I took my seat beside my lawyer, looking down at the papers in front of me. My palms were so wet that I shook them under the table to air them out. My leg repeatedly bouncing under the table, as well.

"Relax. You're going to be good." She assured me. I wasn't trying to hear that right now.

"Can I please have Ms.Na'mya Moore to the stand?" The judge's voice echoed, breaking me from my daze.

Sighing, I stood up and pulled down my skirt. I couldn't hear anything. The room was loud, but mentally quiet.

I took a seat at the stand, faced with hundreds of judgmental faces.

"Tell me, Ms.Moore..." The judge started as I looked straight forward.

"What happened in Ridgedale Heights?"...

A single tear trailed down my face.

I gulped the lump that sat in my throat down, looking around at everyone through my teary eyes. Thinking about the event hurt more than anything.

"Um." I cleared my throat, after my lawyer had shot me a quick look indicating for me to hurry up and speak, so I wouldn't make myself look bad.

"On July 7th, on Ridgedale Heights apartment complex..." I wiped my face quickly.

"I murdered someone." I spoke as everyone faces glued to mine.

"Oh my god."

"Oh."

"No way."

Voices and whispered from every direction led me to only drop my head, looking down in my lap. I couldn't bare with the shame and embarrassment I was feeling in the room at the moment.

"I feel guilty." I started again, causing everyone to become quiet.

"I feel shameful and guilty every single day. Some days I can't even breathe without thinking about what I did." I nervously tapped my finger tips on the stand in front of me.

"I feel guilty until I realize..." I took a short pause, looking out into the crowd in front of me.

My family were all here. They were all sitting together, watching the testimony as I told my side of the story. Some of them being unaware, while others knowing about the situation.

Tre'mani and Ta'miro being the only ones who weren't here.

"I realize that I did it for my family. I did it in an attempt to save the two boys that I would risk my life for. And dammit, I'd do it all over again if push come to shove. I don't regret how I handled the situation at all and if that means charges come with it, then by all means." I spat while feeling a sudden wave of comfort come over me.