10.

𝒩𝒶'𝓂𝓎𝒶 𝒦𝑒𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒾 𝑀𝑜𝑜𝓇𝑒...𝟣𝟫
𝐵𝓇𝑜𝓃𝓍, 𝒩𝑒𝓌 𝒴𝑜𝓇𝓀

"I don't understand what we have to talk about

"I don't understand what we have to talk about. You said what you said and that let me know all I needed to know. There's nothing left to say." I shook my head as Ta'miro sat on the other side of the phone.

"I know that, but damn. I needa talk to you. Can you just come over here. We don't even gotta sit by each other, I just need somebody right now." He sniffed. My heart was heavy just hearing him sound so weak.

I felt terrible and I understand what it's like to need someone really bad, so I couldn't leave him hanging. God forbid he would end up doing the things I do to myself whenever I need someone.

"I'll be there soon." I sighed, hanging up. I didn't hesitate to change my outfit because I really wasn't going anywhere, so I just threw on a jacket over it and slid into my crocs. I grabbed my keys, purse, and phone before making my way out of my apartment.

Once I go to the parking garage, I got in my car and heading towards his house. I remembered where it was pretty easily and arrived there quickly.

When I got there, I knocked on the door since the key he gave me I'd been threw away back when he ended things with him.

As soon as the door opened, we made direct eye contact before he stepped back and allows me to walk through. I waited for him to walk and followed after him, into the living room.

Once I took a seat on the couch, he took one beside me and instantly placed his head in his hands. His eyes were low and I couldn't tell if he was high as hell or had just been crying.

"It's okay, just talk to me." I sighed while rubbing his back and scooting closer to him. "What happened, Miro?" I asked as I wrapped my arm around him as he began silently crying.

"My brother...he gone. The one nigga I knew since birth got shot last week.. I been fucked up and letting this shit sink in since. His funeral tomorrow and I don't know what Imma do." He cried, instantly making me soften up. I pulled him closer to me and wrapped both of my arms around him as he silently continued to cry.

"I'm sooo sorry. I wish you would've reached out beforehand so you wouldn't have to be going through this alone." I comforted him as he sniffed and wiped his face. Sitting up from my chest, his dreads hung lowly over his face as he looked down at the ground in silence.

"I'm sorry, Mya. I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have said that shit to you, dawg. I was being a little bitch and I ain't want to admit that I was actually starting to feel some shit for a female after forever. Everybody know I'm not the lover boy ass type but for you, I'll do anything." He grabbed my hand, looking at me through his dreads.

My heart raced to the eye contact. I couldn't think straight in this moment because his words sounded so calm but deadly.

"I-...it's fine. I understand. I didn't want to say what I was feeling either but I'm glad you're coming around to finally tell me." I sighed, looking down at our hands.