The Lovers, Part 1

After defeating Enyaba and taking her along with them, the Crusaders managed to find a carriage as their transportation to reach Karachi. The city is near the Indus River Delta and it's the leader to both trade and commerce. Joseph was the "driver", Polnareff sat next to him while Jotaro and Noriko sat in the back with an unconscious Enyaba sitting between them. It was Joseph's idea to have the two teens sitting together.

Riding through the town, one of the food stands caught the elder Joestar's attention.

"A doner kebab stand!" Joseph pointed out. "Hey, why don't we stop and grab something to eat before we purchase a television?"

"Fine by me, Mr. Joestar." Polnareff answered.

"I am a bit hungry. We haven't eaten since the morning..." Noriko remarked.

Jotaro let out a hmph under his breath as a response.

"Great!" He tugged the leash for the horse to stop while licking his lips with anticipation. Once he parked the carriage, he got off.

Joseph approached the vendor, "Excuse me, I'll take five, please."

The vendor wore an all white robe with a hood and shades on. He turned his face to the foreigner.

"That'll be 120 rupees!" The vendor said.

"120 Rupees?" Joseph raised a brow and removed his hat. He was surprised at the high price but he shrugged it off with a laugh, "Don't be ridiculous, sir! That's way too much!" He told the vendor.

The vendor stepped a bit closer to Joseph, "Then how much are you willing to pay, sir?" He asked.

"Make it 30 rupees for five!" Joseph proposed.

The vendor laughed, "If I sold them at that price, my family would starve!"

Joseph stared at the vendor for a moment, "Well, perhaps I'll just go somewhere else then..." Pretending he's about to leave.

"Okay, okay!" The vendor stops him. "I'll cut you a deal since you're a foreigner. It'll be 85 rupees."

"Make it 35!" Joseph objected.

And the haggling begins...

"75!"

"45!"

"65!"

"50!"

"55!"

"52!!" Both the vendor and Joseph shouted the same number.

"Deal!" Joseph said with a grin on his face. "Yes! I got them half off the original price! Take that! I made it out like a bandit!" He handed the vendor the money and received the paper bag filled with their food.

Turning around with a smile still on his face, he was proud of him but the vendor had a sly smirk on his face.

"I usually sell five for 10 rupees!" The vendor told himself, satisfied that he made the foreigner pay more than he had to.

"Bye, bye! Thank you kindly!" The vendor said, waving.

Walking back to the carriage and putting his hat back on, he noticed the old woman was awake but her eyes were wide open as if she had seen a ghost.

Dropping the bag with their food, he pointed at Enyaba. "Everyone! The old lady is awake!" He alerted the group.

They all turned their heads at Enyaba, expecting her to attack them but she didn't. She remained in her seat trembling with fear with sweat pouring down her face with her eyes still wide open.