The Gatekeeper Of Hell, Pet Shop

For three days straight the Joestar group have been searching for Dio's Mansion. They still had no luck and Joseph had made a call to the Speedwagon Foundation to know the status of his daughter's illness. Sadly, Holly's condition has worsened. Even informing the elder Joestar that Holly only had three or four days remaining. They all tensed up from the news but Joseph and Jotaro knew that Dio was nearby, they could feel it.

During that day, the Crusaders had a strange encounter with Hol Horse, never knowing his true intentions of whether he was going after them or not. Afterall, the cowboy made a run for it when a truck crashed into the Joestar group, almost killing them. Luckily none of them were badly injured, just a few cuts and bruises.

Today, marking the third day for their continuous search since arriving in Cairo, Polnareff was sitting on the concrete ground with a cloak on top of his head to protect himself from the intense heat of the sun's rays.

"Man, it sure is super hot today." Polnareff remarked, wiping the sweat off his face. He looked at his arms, noticing the sweat all over it. "I haven't had a bath since yesterday. My good looks are going to waste." He picked up his soda that was next to him and took a few gulps to feel refreshed.

Letting out a sigh of relief, a man walked over to the Frenchman and sat down next to him without saying a word. The man wore a pair of shades and had what appeared to be a broken arm.

Polnareff waved his hand in front of him and didn't receive any reaction. Feeling the man too close to his comfort, he scooted a few inches away from him, only for the stranger to scoot closer. He moved again and the man followed. He picked up the pace to get away but it seemed the man was going to continue chasing him.

Having enough, Polnareff turned around, "What the fuck is your problem, man?!" He snapped at him. "Do you want something from me or what?!"

"How dense are you?! I'm telling you to get the hell out of my way!" The man retorted.

The man removed his shades, "You're a foreigner! Don't sit here like you're a beggar! Just who the hell gave you permission?!" He pointed his finger at the Frenchman.

Polnareff only stared at him dumbfounded and a stranger approached him.

"Ah, are you a needy foreigner?" The stranger asked. "This isn't much, so here you go." He hands Polnareff a bill.

This only enraged the man and clenched his fists tightly, "Y-You bastard! How fucking dare you?! This is my territory, damn it!"

"Territory?" Polnareff asked, he was still confused by the man's accusations.

"Hey, Polnareff!" Avdol called out his silver-haired companion, grabbing his attention.

"Don't sit there and give that money to him." Avdol said as he and the rest of the Crusaders walked over to their friend.

"Is this guy a beggar?" Polnareff asked.

"Sorry for my friend here, he doesn't know much about this city." Avdol apologized to the man.

"You should've just said so in the first place." Polnareff told the beggar.

"I'm a beggar who can't speak in public for professional reasons!" The beggar said.

"This city has a beggar's association." Avdol explained. "Each beggar has an established territory where he's paid to sit and do his work. That may seem strange to you guys but without rules like this, there'd be chaos in the streets."

" Tch ! Even worse, you hurt my pride!" The beggar said in a spiteful tone.

"I wonder if I'd earn more if I dressed up like a needy foreigner..." He wondered. "Perhaps I'll start doing that." He then turned to Avdol, he recognized the familiar Egyptian.