D'Arby, The Player Part 2

As both vehicles flew high up in the air, it appeared as if they were neck to neck, but just as they feared, Terence D'Arby was ahead.

"Terence is ahead by a car length!" Joseph said.

"Now my speed will be doubled! Victory is mine!" Terence declared.

Noriko frowned, "No!" She shouted at Terence. "You have less power remaining, Terence!"

Terence looked at the screen and gasped. The red-haired girl was right.

"Which means..." Noriko extended her arm out, allowing her Hierophant Green to take over. Hierophant Green pressed on the D-Pad, its slender green and white fingers went in a rapid circular motion.

Noriko's #28 car spun and knocked Terence's car out of the course. Noriko's vehicle landed safely back on the track.

"You did it!" Joseph cheered.

Noriko looked over at Terence, "The one with less power goes flying. You were wrong to think losing power didn't matter." She pointed out. "You didn't realize that I intentionally dropped a length behind you, so I could knock you off the course."

A devious smirk spread across Terence's face. "Is that so?" He asked. "I'm afraid it's you who failed to realize."

Noriko blinked, "What!?" She thought.

"My plan all along was to lose power." Terence admitted. "I did it on purpose. You took the bait and sent my car flying off the track as intended." His smirk turned into a huge grin.

Noriko gasped and averted her eyes back on the screen.

"This battle isn't over!" Terence announced. "Behold! Watch where my machine is going to land!"

The red machine landed back on the course and continued to drive.

"I-It flew over the curve and landed further ahead on the course!" Joseph pointed out.

Noriko was in disbelief, "I-Impossible..." She muttered. She couldn't believe it. Her strategy to knock him off the course only made it worse.

"Indeed. It normally isn't possible." Terence began. "Normally, you would expect to crash right into the ground after driving off the course at 850 kilometeres per hour. Reaching the next part of the track this way is usually impossible." He explained. "However, Noriko, you made it possible by slamming into me. I wanted you to send me flying! I purposely reduced my power so you would attempt to hit me. Now then..." His devious smirk turned into a wide grin.

"Shall we continue the race, Noriko?" Terence asked.

Noriko was still at a loss of words. She stared at Terence in shock. From the beginning it was all planned and she had fallen into his trap. Her chances of winning the race are no longer possible.

"Don't admit defeat, Noriko!" Jotaro told her.

His words failed to reach the girl. Noriko mumbled under her breath and felt a large hand grab her by the throat. It was Atum. Terence's Stand grabbed Noriko and pulled her soul right out of her body.

"I-I'm sorry, JoJo..." Noriko thought.

"Noriko!" Joseph cried out.

"I now hold her soul in my hands. She has just admitted defeat." Terence stated. He then let out a dark chuckle, "She admitted within her heart that continuing the race was pointless."

Before Noriko's body could collapse onto the table, Jotaro quickly grabbed her. Her body limped against his hands, her head dipped downwards and her hair sprawled all over her face. Her body was now cold and turned pale like a ghost.