D'Arby The Gambler, Part 1

The Crusaders were on an eight-hour drive to Cairo, Egypt. They were currently taking the train and they were informed they would arrive at their destination within a couple minutes.

Noriko, who was sitting next to Jotaro, averted her eyes from the outside view to her boyfriend.

"Hey, JoJo, want to know something interesting?" She asked.

"Sure." Jotaro replied, his arms were crossed on his chest.

"The guardian of the pyramids, the Sphinx, used to ask travelers a riddle."

"A riddle?" Jotaro raised a brow.

Noriko nodded, "The riddle was, which creature walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three in evening? What's your answer?"

Jotaro took a moment to give it some thought but nothing came into mind. "I'm not sure, just tell me."

"You would've been eaten by the Sphinx if you couldn't answer that!" Noriko chuckled. "The answer is Humans . There's this legend that says those who could not answer were eaten by the Sphinx."

"Good evening everyone! We have arrived in Cairo! I repeat, we arrived in Cairo!" A voice spoke through the intercom.

"Looks like we better get going." Jotaro said and stood up from his seat with Noriko doing the same.

The Crusaders were thirty-thousand kilometers away from Japan and have finally reached their destination. They all stepped out of the train. The sun was beginning to set.

Avdol held the photo of the building Dio was currently hiding in.

"Cairo is immense." He informed the group. "Rather than searching aimlessly, we should work our way from the outskirts inward to the center."

They all agreed to the idea and took a bus to take them to the outskirts of the city.

Although they finally reached Cairo, the pyramid named Dio, still had a few more Sphinxes that stood in the Crusaders' way.

For the remainder of the day, the Crusaders searched for the building everywhere but had no luck. They decided to check in at a hotel and rest until tomorrow morning.

*&*&*&*

The next day the Crusaders continued their search and still found nothing. They ended up at a cafe that was nearby. Obviously they were exhausted from their constant search and needed something to drink, but before that, Joseph handed a photo to the owner, asking if he knew where the building was. With the extra spirit photo copies he had, the other Crusaders passed it around in the cafe. They hoped that at least one person could point out where it's located.

They knew Dio had relocated to a new hideout and the Speedwagon Foundation had lost track of his whereabouts, so where was he? Time was ticking, and fast. The Crusaders needed to find him quickly before it's too late. Holly only has a few more days...

The Crusaders stood by the bar, all of them with a stoic face and their eyes shadowed.

The owner settled his fists on the counter, "Gentlemen, and young lady, this is a cafe. Please order something." The bartender reminded them as he pointed at the drinks that are behind him with his thumb.

"Five ice teas." Joseph ordered.

Avdol silently placed five coins on the counter to pay.

The bartender pulled out five glassed cups filled with ice and poured their drinks while observing the photograph. Once he was done, he grabbed the five coins and turned around.