Hang Out!

Hey y'all, long time no see! I hope you enjoy this chapter. I've been trying to properly figure out the timeline so I can provide the PREMIUM fanfic content y'all deserve. For now though, we're going to be having edited early chapters and this one. I've been having a lot of fun experimenting with my characters here and I really hope you like this bc I do.

Also, I have a TMNT Instagram account if you're interested. I post memes, reels, Picrews and drawings there and they're all either about TMNT or my TMNT fanfics. Follow me @ maven.brooke if you wanna. Anyway, that's enough rambling, this chapter's a long boi so strap yourselves in and get a lil snack or some water.

[][][][][]

"So that concludes our assembly! Take care everyone."

-So that concludes the driest assembly ever... wow, that took way too long.-

In the gym at school, everyone began to disperse from the bleachers and rush out through the doors. You didn't want to deal with the crowd at the moment so you stayed put with Rory for a while to let the crowd die down.

"Home? I thought we had class."

"Nobody told you? Today's early dismissal. We're free!" Rory waited beside you, watching a few students step down by her.

"Oh... I guess that means I have some relaxing time."

Truthfully, it made you a little sad to leave so early. You wanted to spend more time with your friends today before training. If everyone was going home, you were going to be alone for the rest of the day -aside from your brothers, but you longed for more time with someone who wasn't your family.

"Well, I was going to have lunch at that Japanese place you talk about; I have the money and time now. Do you want to join me?"

A smile spread across your face. "I'd love to! I might not buy a lot though. I'm tight on cash."

A voice came from behind, stepping down. "I can lend you something, Bunny." Pepper's red hair came into view.

"Oh, you don't have to. I mean, I did pack a lunch today."

"Don't be stubborn, Bunny. We'll split a gyoza!" She sat next to you, comfortably putting her arm around your shoulders.

Suddenly, Rory's expression changed. "So, that means you're coming with?" Was she nervous?

"If that's okay. I just... um..." Pepper immediately backed off; she had a sudden, disheartening feeling of being 'out of place' in this situation. "I get it if you don't want me there, Aurora."

"Oh no, nothing like that. It's just unexpected. I didn't think you and (Y/n) got along so well."

You smiled and lightly nudged Pepper, bringing her back to reality. "Yeah, we're friends now actually."

Rory sighed with relief and her warm, brown eyes met with Pepper's icy blues. "That's good to hear. You're more than welcome to join then, Pepper."

An awkward, but subtle smile formed on Pepper's red lips. "You won't be... uncomfortable?" Her eyes noticed at the purple bruise that was on Rory's cheek, but she didn't want to acknowledge it quite yet.

"Well, if you're friends with (Y/n), then you're friends with me!" She pointed to herself with her thumb.

"Really? I-I mean, ditto!"

"Sí, I'll need to get my--"

They were interrupted by the teachers trying to usher everyone out. "Ladies, please. We need to clear out the gym." They impatiently crossed their arms.