Twenty

so just pretend that luke's shirt is blue bc i couldn't find anything else with him wearing a button up in such short time lol sO pretend use those imaginations

sO I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS BECAUSE IT'S SUPER CUTE AND FLUFFY SO YAY

8:23 a.m.

Sunday, December 11th, 2014

Belle misses it.

It's awful to say, but as she slowly watched that stupid little bite fade from vivid read and purple to a sickly green-brown, she's found herself longing for a fresh one to replace it. Belle loved that she could just reach up and touch the tender area and remember Luke and that he gave it to her. Every time since, she's wanted to grab him by the shoulders and kiss him straight on the lips just so they can get on with it and see what it actually feels like to kiss and be hickeyed by Luke Hemmings.

She sighs, putting her headband atop her wavy hair, perfecting the placement. Another layer of purplish-brown lip stain covers her mouth, and then she's done with her morning routine. She knows that Luke loves the stuff, because on days when she wears it he can't take his eyes off of her lips and is constantly licking his own.

For a moment she lets herself wonder if Luke will like the extra effort she's put into her appearance: more make-up, high heels, and a skirt with a flowy shirt. "You're being stupid," she mutters to herself, remembering how in the very beginning Luke practically told her that her stuffy clothes weren't cute. Belle presses her hand to her forehead and closes her eyes, "It's okay, you look nice. He'll think so too."

Belle finds herself constantly having to chastise her double-sided brain. The girly side is constantly daydreaming about what it would feel like to have her hands around Luke's biceps while being kissed against a wall, and the opposite, pessimistic side is telling her that he finds her irritating and just wants to get in her pants. It's utterly conflicting and she wishes it would stop her from feeling like hot and cold are continuously at war in her body.

"Mom!" she yells as she grabs up her keys and bag, "I'm going to get Luke."

The night before she asked him to come to church, as per her mother's request. Of course he said yes, even though she thought he would deny the invitation, and he told her that he wants to spend time with her family in order to prove to them that he's worthy – or something like that.

"Belle," her mother stops her just as she begins walking out the door, "invite Luke to lunch too. We have a meeting after church but should be home soon after, and we can all eat then."

She nods with a smile, "I'll throw the idea at him, I don't know what he has going on."

"Well," Victoria chuckles, "tell him to invite the whole family, there's plenty of spaghetti to eat."

Belle's stomach twists at the mention of Luke's family. She hates lying, but Luke forbade her to even breathing the word homeless around them. He's worried that they will automatically dislike him simply because of that, but she believes he's merely paranoid. Belle just smiles and continues out of the house and into her car.

The drive to the corner store seems to take forever, and Luke is supposed to be waiting by the road, but he isn't there. The only person she sees is some older guy wearing a button-up with the sleeves cuffed, black dress pants—

"Hey," Luke smiles as she pulls over.

Belle's mouth goes dry just looking at him. The clothes he's wearing are familiar, she's the one who pulled them out of the drawers, but they look so much better on him than they ever did on Aiden. The turquoise dress shirt makes his eyes electric and the pants cling to his legs in a certain way that makes them look so toned.