Prologue

(author's note bc i know y'all don't read them sIGH): so so so yes this is another fanfic don't hate me or anything i'm just getting lots of stuff out there so you guys have options on what you want to read :-) in this fanfic luke is a bit of a bad boy, yes okay so i hope you enjoy this, give me feedback in those lil inline comments or at the end, either one is cool :)) i really hope you guys like this, i love lov elove this fic.

2:17 p.m.

Tuesday, October 17th,, 2014

The heels she's wearing are both loud and uncomfortable. They clack against the tile flooring of the school hallway and they make her thighs cramp. Her head ducks into the open space of her locker, pulling out what she needs as she tries to stay out of the blatant eye of the high school population.

"Hey!"

She squeaks, putting her hand over her heart as she closes her eyes. "H-Hey," she responds, looking back up as she closes the locker back. "What's got you all shaken up?" the blonde chuckles, reaching out to steady her friend's shoulder. "Nothing, Melody," she shakes her head, "What did you need?" Melody sighs and then smiles, "Are you coming to the party this Friday?" She shrugs, looking up from where she's organizing her books so they're settled correctly in her arms. "Huh?"

The petite blonde knocks her hip to the side as she places a manicured fingertip to her friend's bicep, "I asked if you were coming with the crew to Jessica's party on Friday. You know Jess throws the best parties, there's always tons of booze and hot guys from that county across the bridge." Licking her lips, the dirty blonde shrugs, shaking Melody's hand off her arm, "I don't think I can this weekend, Melody...I have a project due for Professor Peters on Monday, and you know how he is. Maybe next time? Parties happen all the time, right?"

Stomping her feet, Melody pouts and crosses her arms over her chest, looking frustrated in the immature way she somehow manages to pull off. "You haven't come to a single party since that one time over Spring Break, Belle! You can't be so innocent your whole life, you have to dip into a little rebellion every now and again." Belle shifts her weight uncomfortably, feeling a strange emotion crawling through her veins that she wishes she could just tear out like threads one by one from her skin. "You practically have every virginity known to man," Melody scoffs, tossing her head of blonde curls back as she laughs obnoxiously.

"I'm just busy," Belle manages to push from her lips thickly. "Next time I'll come, okay?" She smiles forcefully, swallowing the lump in her throat. Belle is sure that her expression resembles that of a grimace instead of a grin, but Melody doesn't seem to notice. She snorts, tossing a few stray hairs over her shoulder to fall in place with the rest. "Next time, next time, right," she mutters, shaking her head as she draws out the last word. As Melody leans forward and squeezes her around the shoulders, she mumbles into Belle's ear rather harshly, "You're not doing so great at this whole 'fitting in' thing, are you? We don't want a repeat of last year."

As Belle pulls back, she forces an even more convincing smile to tug up the corners of her lips. "I'll see you tomorrow, Mel." She gulps before pushing herself away from the situation, the bile rising into her throat at Melody's controlling ways sending her head into a fog. Stop, stop this. Stop feeling like this, she chants to herself as she walks down the hallway. Don't feel, don't feel. She turns on the heels of her boots and walks down the hallway, trying her hardest to stay out of view. Although, with her status and friend-base, that is somewhat difficult. Her hands brush the sides and hips of strangers to keep them out of her way, muttering apologies as she pushes through the thinning crowd of high school teenagers.

Managing to slip into the door of the Creating Writing class she takes as the last period of the day, Belle takes the seat at the front of the room that screams her name every day. She's never been one to take up the back row of desks, her eyes aren't too good and she can't deal with all the whispers floating around her. As she sets down her bag, she pulls out a blue binder and flips it open to a blank page. When she looks up, Belle sees that in Mr. Ellis' scrawled script are the words in all caps: HAIKU COMPETITION. YOU HAVE TEN MINUTES TO WRITE. WINNER GETS A HIGH FIVE. GO, GO, GO!