Eight

first of all dudes i am s o so rry that i haven't been updating finals were last week (thank gOD they're over omg) and stuff has been hectic but I have three weeks off so expect lots of fun stuff coming your way!! i hope you like this :)) they're such cuties omg pls leave me a review or a comment and tell me what you're thinking!! 

ps luke is hot who agrees

7:08 a.m.

Friday, November 3rd, 2014

"Get up."

The routine continues. Belle wonders how long her mother will ground her for. It can't go on forever. Her dad doesn't seem to like the thought of locking their daughter up in her room. While she was getting a midnight snack, Belle overheard her father telling his wife that he skipped in school quite often and he seemed to turn out just fine, but her mother hushed him and told him to go to bed and they'd talk later. Belle wasn't hungry anymore after that.

Another thing plaguing her thoughts is Luke. The way he smelled and felt and looked so up close and personal. His shirt smelled of the woods and cinnamon and his skin was soft with the bumpy patch of acne or the scruffy feeling of his stubbled skin. His cheek was warm and pink under her lips, his hair soft between her fingers. It was all so lovely and it makes her ache and long for more, but sadly Luke Hemmings isn't known to have two lovely days in a row. He'll most likely return to his coarse shell today after being so warmhearted and protective the previous day.

As Belle pulls on her jeans, she feels a sense of melancholy wash over her as she realizes that Luke will be treating her the same as usual — as if they don't even know one another. After all, they're not friends, nor anything more. She's his classmate whom he holds and lets kiss his face. Yeah, that's it.

She puts on her socks and shoes and thinks about how much she wants him in the most innocent way. She wants to know what his favorite cereal is and if his voice sounds as beautiful in a song as it does in the morning. She wants to not just wonder how it feels cuddled to his lanky body under warm sheets and if he dreams in color or in black and white, and what about if so. It's a painful addiction to want a boy so badly; especially one as unattainable as Luke Hemmings.

With a sigh she slips into a NASA t-shirt and runs her fingers through her hair, refusing to think about the boy any longer. Belle walks out into the living room, expecting to see her mother in the recliner with a coffee cup to her lips and the news on the television, but she's not there.

"Mom?"

"In here," she replies, calling from the other bedroom next to Belle's. For a moment Belle's eyes widen as she wonders what her mom is doing in that room. Belle doesn't go in there. She hasn't since it happened two years ago, and she doesn't plan on it. She gets the shakes just walking past it in the mornings. The only thing she can hear is his voice calling out her name in that terrible croaking tone, the blood on her hands and the flashing lights blinding her. She shakes her head to push herself out of the thoughts, "Why are you in there?"

Her mother clears her throat and instantly Belle knows it's something she won't like one bit. "I'm—um, I'm..." She sighs, "What, mom?" She has to turn her back to the door so the nausea doesn't rise up like bile in the back of her throat. "I'm getting together his old things to donate to charity," she blurts. Belle's whole body cringes at the thought of it. "Oh," she responds softly, not sure of what else to say. "I see."

No one has touched his room since the accident.

Belle went in there the night he was in the hospital, sleeping in his bed in his shirt desperately hoping and praying that maybe by doing so God would think she was him and He would take her instead.