Sixteen

so okay i know i'm a terrible updater but i had finals and then i had prom last night (omg we looked great like hottest couple ever!!) and i was so tired i went to go write today and then i fell asleep for two hours but here i've been working on this and i hope you guys like it!! oh and also remember to comment bc i love comments :))

WARNING: MUSH AHEAD. PROCEED WITH CAUTION. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

5:42 p.m.

Saturday, November 25th, 2014

Luke holds onto her tightly, his arms wrapped around her waist and his nose pressed into her shoulder. She can hear him between breaths saying things and his curved lips burn his smile into her skin, sending tingles down to her fingertips. She feels happy, elated, and she really doesn't want to leave.

"Luke," she mumbles, turning so their noses touch. He looks up at her through his lashed, blue irises peeking through, "Yeah, Sunshine?" The butterflies multiply. "Can we spoon?" Belle questions, looking down at him. He's been quiet, but a happy quiet, and she's afraid if she asks for too much then she'll break the quiet and ruin everything. Luke pulls his lower lip into his mouth, "This isn't much of a bed."

Belle pouts, "I think it's lovely!" He sighs, a smile crackling on his lips, "I suppose we can." She giggles and jumps off of him, her eyes lighting up as she watches him fix the pallet so it's now a bed again. He kicks off his shoes and she follows suit, feeling more and more tense as the time passes. Even though they've done this before, it was under the pretense that he was just trying to help her for whenever she gets a real boyfriend. Now, it's Luke who's the boyfriend, not just a friend who's trying to help.

He extends his arms out to her, wriggling his fingers towards her body as he settles into the cushion. "I can't believe this is happening," Luke says lowly with a happy tone as she brings herself to him. Their legs braid together as if it's the most natural thing on the planet, and she runs her fingers over his shoulder blade, "What?" He smiles, pressing a gentle kiss to her nose and holding there for a long moment.

"This," he answers finally, "Us."

Belle grins, nodding, "Isn't this better than fighting?"

He nods, "Of course—I...I was trying to push you away." Luke sighs, looking over her head at the front of the van, "This whole time I've been kidding myself and saying that we were just friends and I had no feelings at all. I've never let myself have feelings before, really. It's easier that way. But then, the other day at your house, it was a bit of a game changer for me because I decided that it wasn't enough for me, and it wasn't good for me to feel this way either. I realized I either had to have all of you or none of you, not any of the in-between confusing feelings and emotions and talks. No halfway."

"You have me now," she whispers. He nods, repeating, "I have you now."

Luke's hands roam over her back, but never dipping below her lower back, doubling the fuzzy bubbles overflowing in her tummy. He's being a gentleman, and it's nice to be treated like a lady after how she's been dealt with by Wesley for so long.