Ten

guYS i'm so sorry it's been so long but i'm going to try to update again within the next week just because i love this story so much and i stink at writing it but if you guys give me a little encouragement in the form of reviews/comments and reads, it'll motivate me to writing more sooner ;) hehe, but i hope you guys like this chapter, even though it's short! read on, my loves x 

12: 47 p.m.

Monday, November 20th, 2014

“You seem upset.”

Belle slides half of her lunch across to Luke as he makes the comment. “I’m fine,” she shakes her head. Luke bites down on his lower lip and looks at her questioningly, “Is this about in the locker room or with Melody?” Belle picks at a string on the hem of her shirt, making sure she’s not looking at him, “It’s nothing, Luke, I’m fine.”

Luke exhales slowly, looking somewhat annoyed, “I’m not stupid, Belle.”

“I-I’m embarrassed, okay?!” her eyes snap up to him and she glances over his brooding figure. “I don’t want to talk about it.”

He shuts up and it makes her feel bad. She’s the one who is pushing back now and she doesn’t like it, and it’s clear that Luke doesn’t like it much either. The roles have been reversed and it’s throwing off the balance of everything they’ve built for the short time they’ve been together. Belle wonders if maybe after her little spat he’ll go back to being the same old Luke who insists that he’s bad and telling her to leave him alone. She sits in silence, chewing on a piece of skin on her lower lip as the time ticks by slower than ever, wishing she could just go home.

1:32 p.m.

Monday, November 20th, 2014

“Make sure you clap extra loud for me, baby,” Wesley smirks as he is dismissed from class early along with the rest of the football players in her class. Belle’s stomach turns and it is in no way like the airy feeling Luke leaves her with. It makes her feel dirty and nasty and she hates it. Wes has his stupid jersey on and he looks so smug as he walks out of the room guffawing with his buddies.

How did I ever see him as attractive? Belle wonders to herself.

She finishes off her worksheet and walks to the front of the room to turn in the paper. Some of the tension has rolled off her shoulders as the day has continued on; it seems as if the football player who walked in on her and Luke in the locker room has kept quiet about it. You never know, though, that story could resurface at any time and that’s what is most scary to Belle.

As the teacher tells them to pack up their things to get ready for the pep rally, Belle shoves her folder into her bag while wondering why it’s only the football team that gets praise. Then she remembers that Luke is going to be waiting for her after class. The thought by itself makes her stomach do a backflip, everything feeling so tingly and effervescent. It’s a lovely thing, to have him waiting for her and her only, not anyone in her group of friends or anyone else she might walk with.

Her and only her.

She blushes and sighs, pressing a cool hand to her warm, pink-tinged cheek. The intercom clicks on and the principal dismisses the senior students to the gym for the pep rally. As she walks into the hallway the butterflies multiply in her stomach, threatening to flutter up her throat and burst from her lips with every step she takes. The mass of students slowly walks forward, but she sees the tuft of blonde hair above everyone else’s heads and it creates the brush of butterflies’ wings against her throat, causing her breath to become absent. Belle reminds herself to calm down and take a deep breath before she shouts his name.