Twenty Nine

SO I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS BECAUSE IT'S GONNA BE SUPER FLUFFY FROM HERE ON FOR A BIT OKAY THEN IT GETS JA;LSDKFJA;LKDFJAS; OKAY LOOK I LOVE THESE TWO BUT MY POOR BABY BELLE CHEESE WHY DO I DO THIS TO HER

ps comment/review, it means the world!! i always respond (except when my computer is being dumb and i cannot!!)

[the night of the football game, a couple hours before]

Belle leans her head against the wall beside her closet, groaning. Luke chuckles from where he's sat on her bed, legs crossed, "What are you going on about?"

She flips through her closet again, running her fingertips along every piece of clothing she owns that is hung up. Another strange noise slips past her lips as she crosses her arms, "I can't decide what to wear." Luke snorts at her answer and reaches out for her, his arms extended and fists curled.

So maybe they're breaking a teeny tiny rule by him being in her room, but that's only because her mom is at the grocery store. The rule has always been no boys in her room but if no one is home to know, the crime was never committed. Belle blushes thinking of the last time they were in her room alone, together.

"Belle?"

She shakes her head and bites her lip, "Yeah?"

Luke's hands curl around her thighs as she stands in front of him, "I liked the blue sweater you wore that one time. It looks really nice on you, and it'll be warm enough that you won't freeze."

Belle nods, running her hands through his hair before returning to the closet and grabbing a long sleeve navy blue sweater from the bottom shelf. "Okay," she nods, "you're right, I should be warm in this." Luke nods, laying down and putting his hands behind his head, "And with a hat, scarf, gloves, and an extra jacket..."

"I don't like the feeling of gloves between my fingers," Belle scrunches up her nose as she sets the clothes aside. "I'll wear a scarf and a hat, I'll bring the jacket." Luke chuckles as he closes his eyes, "Go ahead and change, I promise to be a good boy scout."

She's in her dark jeans, Vans, her sweater and scarf by the time she's letting her hair out of her braid and hanging her head upside down to spray the waves in place. After about five minutes, she's sure that Luke has fallen asleep on her bed in waiting for her to get ready.

"You look funny," Luke chuckles, making her jump. In the process, she sprays hair spray directly in her eye, and squeals, blinking quickly.

Luke is at her side in a fraction of a second, his hands cradling her face as he tries to persuade her into opening her eye. Whimpers spill from her lips as she squeezes her eyes shut and presses the heel of her hand into her eye until she sees stars.

"Sunshine," he mumbles, his thumbs rubbing against her cheekbones and he watches as little reactional tears slide down her skin, "baby, let me look at it."

After some coaxing, Belle moves her hands away from her face even though her one eye is still squinted shut in pain. Luke coos, his hands cupping her neck as he kisses her forehead before looking her directly in the eyes, blue irises light with anxiety.

"It hurts," she pouts, swatting at his hand, "I don't want you to look at it."

He smiles, nudging her nose with his, fingers lifting through her hair, "Okay, I won't look at it. Just blink a bunch, it'll feel better at least. All right?" Belle nods, rubbing her eye for a moment before blinking rapidly, a couple tears falling along the way.

"Okay," Belle breathes out as Luke removes his hands from their position on her neck. "It's okay now. Let me put my make up on and then I'll be ready, okay?"