Chapter 11

Ophelia stared feeling frozen where she was, Darius smiled leaning down finding her dumbfounded expression delightful based on his expression of pure glee alone. "Now isn't this a fun change of pace." He said happily. "Who would've thought you'd look so good on your knees?" He remarked reaching out and grazing his fingers against Ophelia's cheeks.

Ophelia's eyes widened before she narrowed them, not one to be bested by Darius she replied without hesitation. "I'm sure you'd look better." Darius who was just about to cup Ophelia's face froze and the two of them stared at each other. Ophelia felt smug when she saw his eyes widen for just a moment as if he couldn't believe the audacity she had.

Ophelia kept a relatively cool expression and cocked an eyebrow as if to say silently, 'What's the matter? Can't take what you dish out?'  The surprised expression faded and laughter bubbled from Darius. He cupped her face with both hands as he leaned down in front of her. "You're so much fun Reeds." He told her in a hushed tone, they were nose to nose at this point.

It took everything in Ophelia not to close that gap between them. Darius moved a bit closer slowly kneeling in front of her slightly. "Say," His voice was a whisper at this point, "it's pretty cold isn't it?" He remarked, Ophelia then realized that it was in fact cold outside. Darius had her so flustered she hadn't even felt the chilling wind cutting through the camp. "Yeah." Ophelia agreed, Darius smiled softly. "Why don't you stay in my tent tonight?" He offered, "We'll get the quartermaster to look at your supplies in the morning." He spoke soothingly. "No sense of putting up a tent again if the stakes can't stay in the ground." His tone was sweet like honey but Ophelia heard a silent threat in his words.

If she didn't go to his tent, he'd kick the stakes out again. The omega was desperate for her attention, Ophelia smiled despite herself. He really didn't need to work that hard to get it. "Just for tonight," he mumbled leaning closer, their lips were brushing together at this point. Ophelia having just enough closed the gap kissing the commander softly. A happy hum came from the omega once their lips met. As Ophelia pulled back Darius's eyes were half-lidded and a pleased smile was on his lips.

"Just for tonight," Ophelia replied in a quiet tone, Darius's eyes glittered with delight hearing her agree. Ophelia eyed him and smirked, "With how pleased you look I'm beginning to think you collapsed my tent on purpose commander." Ophelia said softly as they pulled away from each other. Darius took a step back and hid the stake behind his back. "Reeds." he chided, "now where would you get such a ridiculous idea?" He questioned in a flirty tone. 

"Truly it was a divine message from God," Ophelia replied sarcastically, Darius laughed as Ophelia managed to free herself from her tent. Ophelia reached back in grabbing her hairbrush and axe just in case. As she stood to her full height she heard a sigh come from Darius. She glanced over at him confused and he cupped his face looking disappointed. "What a shame, I kind of liked having you at eye level." 

Ophelia stuffed her brush and axe into a bag and adjusted the strap. "Don't worry you'll be at eye level again soon enough." She replied, "Why's that?" Darius questioned still holding the stake to her tent in his hand. "I'll have found something sturdy to pin you against," Ophelia replied shamelessly. It was then Darius's turn to have a dumbfounded look on his face.

He blinked a few times and looked at her with an amazed expression, "You've always got a one-liner to say in response don't you Reeds?" Darius asked looking more impressed than anything else, "Well when you don't talk much you have plenty of time to think of them." Ophelia replied casually as she stretched a bit. Darius snorted, "Well then, come along Reeds, I'm sure we can find better uses for that mouth of yours in my tent." Darius remarked turning and walking towards his tent. "We might even be able to find a use for yours too." Ophelia retorted following after him.