Chapter 35

Once they calmed down, they took their time cleaning up. Darius had a hard time standing so Ophelia found a good spot to settle on as they waited for Darius to get strength back in his legs. Darius sat in her lap breathing deeply, he seemed like he was on the verge of falling asleep. "You can't fall asleep commander," Ophelia spoke softly.

Darius grunted in response clearly annoyed, "Don't be so comfortable then." He retorted, "If you fall asleep I'll fall asleep." Ophelia was forthright with her own desire to sleep. Not sleeping well for so long and burning the candle at both ends on top of everything else. All she wanted to do was find someplace warm and soft to curl up with Darius in.

Darius looked up at her as if noticing the slight bags under her eyes, "Been having trouble sleeping without me?" He teased, "I told you a missed you." Darius let out a soft sigh, "You're too honest sometimes. Makes it hard to tease you." He remarked quietly. "I'm not going to deny liking being around you." Ophelia stated, "Gee I wonder why you like being around me so much?" Darius remarked sarcastically.

"The sex is certainly a factor." Ophelia joked, Darius snickered sitting sideways in her lap. "I don't know what those other omegas were thinking Reeds." He reached up brushing some hair behind her ear. "I wouldn't have given a damn about you spending all your time in the woods." Darius grinned at her as he spoke, Ophelia realized he was referring to when they last spoke and he asked why she wasn't with anyone. "Oh, am I good in bed?" Ophelia asked with a purposefully clueless tone.

"Let me put it this way." Darius sat up shifting and straddling her hips, "If another omega, beta, or even alpha even thinks they can lure you into their beds..." Darius announced, "They'll have to go through me first." He narrowed his eyes a vicious look was on his face. Ophelia recognized it, that was the look he gave Spencer during the march. "Commander, did you think Spade was trying to do that?" Ophelia asked Darius was silent and he looked away. "Commander?" Ophelia asked again. Darius turned facing away from her in her lap.

"If he wasn't a general's son I'd send his ass to the front lines." Darius confessed with a jealous huff, "Commander I don't think of him that way." Ophelia sighed trying to hold back a smile. "Also it's not really a good idea to send someone to the front lines over that." Darius being jealous was both endearing and frightening. "Why does he get to call you by your first name then?!" Darius snapped annoyed, Darius glared at her over his shoulder. Ophelia's eyebrows rose realizing just then how much Darius actually wanted to call her by her first name.

"Because I asked him too." Ophelia replied, Darius turned to face her, "Why?" He questioned, Ophelia was quiet moving her gaze past him, she considered her options, she didn't want Darius to feel bad about calling her last name. When he said it was different, but most the time... Ophelia honestly hated that name. "Why did you ask him to call you that?" Darius pressed grabbing her chin and having her look at him. "Because I hate the name Reeds," Ophelia answered. Darius's upset expression faded and his eyes widened, "You..." Darius was clearly ready to argue but he trailed off,  "You do?" he asked in a small voice.

"Yeah, but I don't mind it so much if you say it though," Ophelia replied quietly, Darius's cheeks were pink with embarrassment. "I see I've made a damn fool out of myself again." he spat clearly angry with himself, wrapping his arms around her.  "Oph-." He started to say her name but Ophelia spoke up, "Don't." She interrupted him.

"Why?" Darius asked pulling back, "I want to win our game but not like that." Ophelia gave Darius a challenging smile. Darius worried expression softened and he smiled, "Fine then." he agreed. "Does it really not bother you as much when I say it?" He asked, "I almost end up liking it when you say it." Ophelia replied with a grin on her lips. Darius relaxed with a sigh, "That's good to hear." He mumbled softly, "You're always concerned with what I like and don't like." Ophelia observed.